1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Music for KAG

Discussion in 'Community Dev Corner' started by xRush101, Feb 14, 2014.

Mods: Downburst, Mazey
  1. xRush101

xRush101 Shipwright
    1. Zen - [Zen] - (Invite Only)

Hey guys xRush101 here.

Some of you may have seen me post some of my videos around here but another thing that I like to do as a hobby is produce music. I usually make electric dance music (like dubstep, house, etc...) but recently I gave it a go and whipped up a video game song. I was wondering if the community and devs would be interested in some more music for KAG?

Here's the video game song I've been working on:
    https://soundcloud.com/jbroadwaymusic/kag-song-1-work-in-progress/s-9qEfN

So I had friend who asked me to create a sort of retro video game song for his title screen. This song is what I made a couple weeks ago. Unfortunately, he never got back to me (which is why the song isn't completed) so this song has been sitting on my computer for awhile now. It occurred to me that this song could possible work well for KAG and that's why I made this post! ::):

So what do you guys think? How do you developers feel about this? If you'd like, I can finish this so it's actually a complete song and send it to you. If'd you like I can make some more songs for KAG and tweak it accordingly to fit your preferences completely free. I don't make money off any of my music. This is just something I'd like to do because I love making music.

Thoughts? Also what do you guys think of the work in progress I posted above?

Last edited: Feb 14, 2014
    valtzu, crackwise, mapp1234 and 6 others like this.
  2. BanakaI1

BanakaI1 Shipwright

I think this would work well in some situations rather than others.

Riding in longboat into the sunset? yes
    Marching into battle? yes
    Those moments when everything seems like they are in slow motion but it's just your imagination? yes
    Knights are spawn camping you and wrecking your castle and throwing bombs everywhere and firey corpses of your teammates are falling out of the sky? no.

mapp1234 and wilpin7 like this.
  3. Nivlac_13

Nivlac_13 Shopkeep Stealer

It'd be good in the title screen where it was intended. Not when you're stab spamming at a builder a few blocks away.

mapp1234, wilpin7 and 8x like this.
  4. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Maybe during build time? It would be pretty sweet if the music transitioned between build time and battle.

crackwise, Trumbles, mapp1234 and 2 others like this.
  5. xRush101

xRush101 Shipwright
    1. Zen - [Zen] - (Invite Only)

Yeah I agree. I don't think this song would work well in battle but it was more intended to be for a title screen of a game like KAG.

6. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

i'll be honest, it sounds like the build-up to either some guitar shredding or a very emotional love duet.

otherwise, it still sounds pretty good.

Apronymous and wilpin7 like this.
  7. RogueCupcake

RogueCupcake Haxor Official Server Admin

Definitely needed when marching into battle!

8. Keep the drums. Add Gregorian chant. Add orchestra.

wilpin7 likes this.
  9. Sir_Walter

Sir_Walter Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

Sounds good! As others have said, maybe not the best for battles, but awesome for the quieter moments.

10. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

I think this would be good for the story intro to the single player campaign!

@Geti

mapp1234, wilpin7 and xRush101 like this.
  11. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

Reminds me of Starbound for some reason.
    Anyway, would love to hear the finished version! Also, this should replace the safe/at base music and you should also make an alternative enemy close song!

wilpin7 and Nabuco like this.
  12. paradoxicalenigma

paradoxicalenigma Arsonist

Got a mine crafty feel. However, I also wouldn't mind a revised version of the title screen song. Its a good song thats grown on me and seeing some new life breathed into it would be awesome.

13. mapp1234

mapp1234 Bison Rider

Why not include it :3?

14. 101i

101i Haxor Forum Moderator Tester

TBH, I just like listening to the sound of mining or chopping in the build time, it really builds up the excitement shredding red knights!

mapp1234 likes this.
  15. bout

bout Shark Slayer

Nah, it doesn't suit KAG.

16. mapp1234

mapp1234 Bison Rider

Well, its your opinion

17. zerd

zerd Arsonist
    1. SIEGE Clan - SIEGE

Loving the drums, reminds me of old worms games from Team 17.

Could definitely work for me as a title song.

You might even want to take some inspiration from title songs to the worms games, and add a kaggish ambience to your own as the music progresses.

Nabuco likes this.
Mods: Downburst, Mazey