1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KAG My antivirus doesn't like KAG

Discussion in 'Help' started by ReDevil, Jul 29, 2013.

Mods: makmoud98, Mazey
  1. ReDevil

ReDevil Catapult Fodder

I have recently installed KAG and wanted to play it, but when I start it, AVG, my antivirus, says it's infected:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

When I try this on my other PC, he doesn't do anything. I'm actually scared now...

2. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

If you downloaded from the main site, there should be no problems. From what I remember, it's not the first time KAG has gotten a false positive. Basically, just your copy from http://KAG2d.com/en/download and if it still says it's a virus, just allow it anyways. It'll also be beneficial if you report it to AVG as being a false positive. Of course if you got it from some shady place (like a some place advertising hacks), then it's kind of your fault then.

3. Phosphyr

Phosphyr Catapult Fodder

This is a false positive. KAG shares it's acronym with a nasty little virus, and so your AV sees "kag.exe" and starts losing it as a result. Put the file on your whitelist and fret not.

Tylda likes this.
Mods: makmoud98, Mazey