1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

My faith in the Newer kag players

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PlasmaBunny, Jun 5, 2012.

1. PlasmaBunny

PlasmaBunny Catapult Fodder

So i was on mole today and blue was winning we had a little forward base with workshops inside but it was this tiny little slab/bunker in the ground and the enemy could jump onto it from the tower so i build a tower ontop of it

the owner goes wtf stop you noob its my tower
    i replied with but theres no defense for it
    he said do you want them to jump ontop of the base
    i said they already were
    he replied with theres a trap behind for them to fall on
    i looked and saw a small 2x3 pit of spikes which was easily jumped over
    i continued building the tower and he attempted greifing it but i fixed it and continued building
    next up he builds this massive staircase right infront of the tower door that did nothing so the people couldnt get in
    i start breaking it and he shouts GREIFER and i get banned....

my faith in the new players is plummeting :(

what are your storys

2. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

I doubt Bookmark would act in such a way.

Miauw62, Titmau5, Froghead48 and 2 others like this.
  3. PlasmaBunny

PlasmaBunny Catapult Fodder

no not bookmark i mean the creator of the tower

4. Well, new players are quite often not as aware, understandably. Builder as a class is quite deceptive, as it seems to be the easiest upon first glance but turns out to be the only class which isn't exactly "pick up and play". A first-time player can use knight/archer, quickly get a feel for the controls and spam click for a few cheap kills. A first-time builder is lost. He'll try to put up towers then realise that he's getting yelled at because they're ultimately useless. Dare I say, most new players only play as builder because it is far easier to grief or muck around. Also, sadly, this person sounds about on par with some of the more experienced players :p

I must say however, for every 2 or 3 new players that don't end up leaving a positive effect on the community, there's usually 1 that does, or eventually will. I know a bunch of people (including myself) that began playing as trouble-makers or time wasters, then fell in love with the game and chose to stay. A few people that are held quite highly in this community have admitted to griefing when they began but cleaned up their act and became far more productive. There's also one case where I've seen a pretty cool guy on his first day of KAG being put off by the community and I haven't seen him since (TheMagicalCouch was his name, not sure if he still plays). He was telling me that during that first day, he encountered 3 hackers. He made a joke about MLP and was called "The cancer killing the internet."

Basically, new players are practically expected to play/act somewhat like this. Especially in a time where a lot of games seem to hold one's hand every step of the way. And, it seems I've been too thorough, I'm really developing a bad habit.

tl;dr? Newbies will be newbies. All we can do is help where possible and hope they eventually change.

5. PeterPan14

PeterPan14 Bison Rider

Not all new players act like that. When I started playing I never thought of mucking around. It just wrecks your chance of ever being "popular".

GalenMarek and FliesLikeABrick like this.
  6. Gonf

Gonf Base Burner

Your best chance of being "popular" is snapping as many jokes on the Forums as you can.

There were two sausages in a pan. One said, "Gee, it's hot in here." The other one said, "Goodness Gracious! It's a talking sausage!"

The deed is done.

7. Beef

Beef ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ ก้้้้้้้้้้้ Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

There's been variations on this thread for well over a year now. There's been variations on this very comment for almost as long.

I think the only time there wasn't was when having 10 people in the whole of KAG at once was considered busy.

Really, if the periodic new players annoy you (Surprised it was a premium though, normally we have a pretty high quality on MOLE) it's best to give KAG a break altogether whenever it gets posted on sites with shitty readerbases like Kotatku or reddit.

8. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Uhm, jokes... I heard a really good one the other day.

What do you call an empty container of Cheese Whiz?

CHEESE WHUZ LAWL

But yeah, I still think that new players shouldn't be allowed to play as a builder unless they've gone through the tutorial, have read Strathos' builder guide, and have observed for at least an entire day on how things SHOULD be built. That's just me though.

9. MechaTrickster

MechaTrickster Banned Donator

This could've been posted in Noobs in Action its pretty much the same concept.
    Be on Action Unlimited Gold, 3 players underwater the entire round doing god knows what. 1 builder that keeps running into groups of blue knights with a keg, they get the keg and take out our tower. 1 knight yelling "campers! campers!" because blue wont leave our side until they get the flag. We lose afterwards there's a massive ping spike half the server disconnects. I ask "wouldn't it be a better idea to use stone during the build time? I mean its more durable then wood and theres so much of it at the start" response from one builder named builder: "no"
    SUGUJBASGJVLIVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

HERaLD and Gonf like this.
  10. Bammboo

Bammboo Ballista Bolt Thrower

I didn't think you would actually post in here.

11. sj67

sj67 Greg hunter

I usually get vote kicked because if someone builds something the other team can use, I'll break it.

As in we had a giant stone sky bridge. (Which is bad in the first place) I dropped the part the other team was jumping on. I ended up getting vote kicked and banned. That's why I don't play on public servers as much.

Chinizz and Gonf like this.
  12. Gonf

Gonf Base Burner

The only logical solution is to join the other team. Then you also get the satisfaction of breaking the rest of the tower.

EDIT: You can also laugh at them that way.

sj67 likes this.
  13. sj67

sj67 Greg hunter

Well, that is griffing, switching teams to brake something. ;3

14. Gonf

Gonf Base Burner

Not if you do it secretly.

sj67 likes this.
  15. Beef

Beef ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ ก้้้้้้้้้้้ Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

>griefing
    >breaking the other teams stuff

Rayne and sj67 like this.
  16. sj67

sj67 Greg hunter

But it was good that I broke it.

Arcite and Gonf like this.
  17. Gonf

Gonf Base Burner

On that we congratulate you sj.

Conquerer and sj67 like this.
  18. amuffinattack

amuffinattack Bison Rider

Very off topic but this reminds me of a time that I was playing on an !Action server and a guy switched teams and was greifing our front tower. I froze him and asked him what he was doing to which he replied "But blue is greifing all reds towers" "This is fair" Though I have forgotten his name his logic will forever stay with me...

19. MechaTrickster

MechaTrickster Banned Donator

You should've left him frozen in a ditch somewhere on the map.

20. Brandon816

Brandon816 Ballista Bolt Thrower

Is Shad or whoever almost done with the "Dislike" button yet? That was terrible man.