1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KAG My name is showing up incorrectly on servers.

Discussion in 'Help' started by xRush101, Dec 31, 2013.

Mods: makmoud98, Mazey
  1. xRush101

xRush101 Shipwright
    1. Zen - [Zen] - (Invite Only)

When I first started playing this game (It's awesome btw) I logged into my friends account who is TheDirtySwine to get a feel for the game and see if it's something I'd want to buy.

Today I decided to actually buy the game. I got my confirmation code, logged into the website here as "xRush101" and it said I was a gold member, great! Now comes my problem. I logged into KAG under my username (xRush101) and put in my password and joined a server but for some reason I'm being shown as,

"TheDirtySwine (xRush101)"

And not my IGN which is "xRush101."

Is there anyway I can fix this or change it so my name is just showing up as "xRush101?"

2. link6155

link6155 Haxor Staff Alumni Tester Official Server Admin
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Try playing a match online or one of the gamemodes offline, press "Home" on your keyboard, type in "/cl_name xRush101" (without quotes), and then hit enter.

RadioActive likes this.
  3. Gurin

Gurin Stop That! Global Moderator Donator Tester

If you're linked with steam you can just change your steam name. (That will change your username in KAG, but it will always be your secondary name, it will not change your main KAG account name.)

Hope that helped.

4. -Tj-

-Tj- Sicarii Donator
    1. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

If your name is coming up "TheDirtySwine", you can either change your name using the command console(pressing the HOME button on the keyboard) while in a server by doing "/cl_name [xRush101]" without the brackets and " then it should be changed. (after you die ofcourse)

So when you join a server it comes up "xRush101 is know known as xRush101"

You can either link it to steam and play through there or play Kag by downloading the exe installer on www.kag2d.com and installing and playing that way, (While choosing whether or not to unlink from steam).

If you inlink KAG from steam and then play through that installer i mentioned above, when you login as xRush101 and join a server you will be xRush101 and there (hopefully) wont be a "DirtySwine" infront of it.

I hope my babbling helped in some way. :P

Mods: makmoud98, Mazey