1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Natural Selection 2

Discussion in 'Other games' started by FuzzyBlueBaron, May 20, 2015.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

This makes me sad.

I used to play the hell out of the original NS with friends (12 pax LAN parties ftw) and was eagerly awaiting the day when I had a computer that could run its successor... And then they go implement a fecking level system. FML. >_<

Anyone have any reasons to not consign this game to the pile of broken dreams?

2. Skinney

Skinney THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator Tester

Clogs and Gorge building/gameplay is most enjoyable in NS2, although it's a bit disappointing how true to the original the game ended up being.

3. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

How do you mean? I mean, there were some things that were definitely bork with the original, but I can't see them copying that bit with the firing rate of the machinegun being tied to your FPS. What things would you have liked to seen changed?

4. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

At least they made it run a lot worse!
    Now instead of the fire rate being dependent on FPS, the FPS is dependent on the number of people firing.

5. Skinney

Skinney THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator Tester

Here are a couple of my gripes in no particular order;
    1. Kharaa now have a 'commander', after having played NS and NS2 I can say that the new mechanic is boring, I enjoyed the control the original system brought to each kharaa player.
    2. Evolutions, I've always felt that they weren't very deep or interesting. For a Lerk you got Focus, Celerity, Carapace. There was always a 'best' evolution build for every lifeform, so why bother with the illusion of choice, here are my thoughts about evolutions.
    3. The emphasis on 'twitch' play, position mattered, just not as much as reaction time and insane eye hand coordination. This is a big reason why I played Kharaa at every opportunity, besides who would want to play a human when you could play as a cute alien space pig.
    The list goes on, but I wont bore you with minor issues.

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  6. FuzzyBlueBaron

If you've got the time please, by all means, bore me! Loved reading through your post on the unknownworld forum; definitely got me thinking in terms of all the gameplay mechanics. :3

Mods: BlueLuigi