1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Neverdaunt:8bit

Discussion in 'Other games' started by laurentiu, Sep 3, 2011.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. laurentiu

laurentiu Ballista Bolt Thrower

Hey guys, I dont know if I already told you about this game Neverdaunt:8bit . It`s an awesome sanbox game where you can build, fight monsters, explore player made dungeons...Its a dream world where stars fall from the sky.

The game has, sadly, a low player-base. I alwats wanted to bring some new wave of newbies to the game as I love it, but I mostly get flamed everywhere I told about N8*, and I thought: ''Wait a sec, N8* is 8bit and KAG has pixels, players might just like it.'' So yea, whats even more exciting is that this game is work of just one man, Aion( Calvin Goble). And even more, the community is one of the best I ever been in.

So what are you waiting for? Go to 8bit.neverdaunt.com register>download>play, oh and tell the people there LittleFighter brought you there XD, yes I am LittleFighter in-game.

2. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

It looks really fun! If I can drag myself off of Ace of spades for just one hour i'll give it a go! But.. sadly, have yet to be able to do that.. *damn addictive AoS*

3. laurentiu

Awesome, I am glad someone seems to like it! XD Tell your family and cat about it :)

4. NEMS

NEMS Arsonist

Lol, looks like a good time.

5. Overlord

Overlord KAG Guard Tester

Oh God not another addictive game my social life is over

6. Noc

Noc Bison Rider

Wow... umm, I have school and freinds... I must resist... Well how's the customizability? I was wondering if I could make a cool city and host a server there? Would I be able to?

7. laurentiu

Well there is a map, wich contains territories or ''cells'' as we call them. Every cell has a shrine, that looks like a chinese gate thingy, to get that cell you must hit the shrine with your sword. But taking in consideration people will also want a cell yours might get taken, even so, if what you`ve built is nice the cells life will be longer.

But you could buy a personal grid for as low as 5% for one month plus 250 tickets. A personal grid is simply your own piece of grid(9 cells in total) in wich you are the king and have full power over your cells, what better is that nobody can take the cells in your private grid if you set them as locked.

As about customization...The game is no cash advantage, meaning everything that influences gameplay can be bought with tokens wich you can earn by killing monsters, mining for fish and selling it to fishman.

So with real money(tickets) you can only buy looks like: Hats and swords, shield that does the same dmg as a normal one. But the community is great and if you have some tokens you could get nice stuff by trading. I never bought tickets, sadly, bur by trading I got the exact look I wanted.

8. Neat

I just want to kill monsters and go into dungeons, not build. I have the wrong game don't I? I tried it and couldn't find anything to do.

9. laurentiu

Well atm yes, Aion is in Vermont building a tree house and he kinda cant update the game already filled with bugs, he recently said he could try code at night but he fell and his right hand if broke or idk what...I got flamed telling Aion his game is dead without him and quit the game, but wanted to tell other. Who knows, maybe somebody would like it...

10. Rainbows

Rainbows KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Is this a rip off of Roblox? It's a game I remember seeing once

11. laurentiu

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU, jk, but dont say that name...We fucking hate roblox and most of the few trolls we have came from roblox. N8`s community, though small, is one of the best I`ve seen, everybody is helpful and kind, roblox is the opposite of N8 in the matter of the community.

Of course, I love the work they did creating ROBLOX but that game is simply a troll factory.

12. Rainbows

Rainbows KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

*insert extremely skeptical face here*

13. t0rchic

t0rchic Drill Rusher

Tried it, didn't like it. That's all I have to say.

14. laurentiu

I can understand that, most of the new players quit in the first few moments.

15. Neat

I haven't really quit, per se, but lets say i'm really stumped on finding something to do, especially after I went in some sanctuary, killed a few of the most unimaginative enemies ever (they were giant green cubes) and then got asked a weird non existent riddle which I couldn't find the answer to. Yeah.

16. SirHatter

SirHatter Shipwright

Oh my freakin.... every time... EVERY FREAKIN TIME A NEW POST ABOUT N8 COMES OUT, I HAVE TO COME SAVE IT. JEESE.

Okay, apparently there are some unanswered questions about N8* that are being neglected, let me answer them here.

Hi, I'm Fedora from Neverdaunt:8bit, quite possible one of the most creative games ever. First and foremost, this is a sandbox game, so building actually is one of the main components. However, that doesn't mean this is the game's only component. Let's address some of the questions in this thread.
    First, you claim yourself a cell. A cell is a large area you have complete creative control over. As long as you don't exceed the block limit, you can make anything you want in a cell. Here's some creations posted over on our forums:
    http://n8.pixellegacy.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=290
    http://n8.pixellegacy.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=60
    http://n8.pixellegacy.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=268

So as you can see, the building in the game is quite impressive. The system takes some getting used to, but it's very powerful once you learn it.

There's a lot of places to explore that host hoards and hoards of monsters. There's the Blip Forest Mini Dungeon, the Ice Zone (with a hoard of zombie santa clones in it), the Doom Caverns (home to the duck dragons), the Great Forest, and many many user-made areas. You just need to take a look around to see this stuff.

Though this game isn't completely about killing stuff, you can get feed your bloodthirsty habits. In addition to monsters, you can do PVP combat with any other player in any cell you can take damage, and these fights can get extremely intense. One of the most common ways to do PVP is a user-run mini game called Void Avoid, where you literally drop people into the infinite space below the world.

There's a lot more to this game than what most people manage to discover... it's a crying shame most people quit before they really dive into the game. The social elements are great, the creativity in what is built can be pretty amazing, and there is some pretty fun combat when it comes to PVP. I suggest trying it, sticking with it, and trying to explore the game before judging it.

17. Neat

I'll give them a try next time around. As I said, I saw potential when I went in the sanctuary (even though cubes were the enemies). To be honest though, I don't know how you can say the social elements are great, the place looked dead to me, I only ever found one person while playing and travelled at least 6 cells around the origin. Is that supposed to happen? I want to like this game, but you can't help but think they should have some sort of beginners guide within the game, rather than just a measly tutorial. You're thrown into this rather large place, and you have no idea what you're doing aside from whacking random things, and there's no-one around to talk to.

I like building sometimes, but i'm not really creative. I just like dungeon crawling with buddies or solo, so i'm probably not going to be taking part in the building side, as it gets boring quickly for me

18. SirHatter

SirHatter Shipwright

Well Neat, the community died down for a while, as the developer was on leave. Though he's back now, and I expect an update within the next couple of weeks, and with updates comes a large influx of player activity, so just check back in once the new update comes out and the place should be more active. The social elements really are great, or at least they are when the game is being actively developed.

Indeed, the tutorial is still a little on the weak side, but hopefully the guide will get a much-needed update soon. Players also frequently come out with beginner's guides on the forums, so that's a good place to ask questions.

19. Neat

I guess that makes sense. As I said, I want to give this game a chance, I just have other games i'm addicted to right now. I'll come back when there's an update.

20. laurentiu

You should come when ships are implemented! Oh...oh, and guns! ;)

Mods: BlueLuigi