1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

New Archer Arrows

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ratka, Jun 11, 2013.

?

Do you like new archer arrows.

1. Yes.

66.7%
  2. No.

8.9%
  3. Burn the unholy things in the fires of Mount Doom.

24.4%
  1. Ratka

Ratka Shipwright

Do you like these abominations? If not please provide a reason or example.

2. Invaders

Invaders Shark Slayer

Im twice the OP archer now I have sure kill and stun arrows.

3. killatron46

killatron46 Cata Whore Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

I thought before this update archers should be banned from all RDM servers... Now its just stupid.

4. Ratka

Ratka Shipwright

Water arrow and bomb arrow (or pop off some normal arrows) then move on to the next guy. Whats this, there's a group? Water arrow into the middle and catch one guy with a bomb, hope he kills/hurts his teammates when he blows up.

5. Squeal

Squeal Shipwright

I'm interested in this new approach of attach anything to an arrow. Water, fire, explosives. But I think the devs need to take this idea a little further.

1. Carrying migrants to distant quarters is a real chore, it'd be far easier if we just had migrant arrows.
    2. Dinghies are a nightmare to carry through tight spaces, and getting them over walls is worse. Can't we just shoot it over with an arrow attached?
    3. Sometimes the best spot for a catapult is the hardest spot to reach. So please, just please, could we attach catapults to our arrows?
    4. Kegs on arrows, need I say more?

jimmyzoudcba, 16th, delankski and 8 others like this.
  6. Ratka

Ratka Shipwright

5. Arrows within arrows, so you can one-hit those pesky knights.
    6. Knights within arrows, because walls are just too OP.

7. Wargod-Loki

Wargod-Loki Haxor

Knights have become also 3 bomb types, where's the huge difference which should make the archer op as fuck now? I dont get it, help me.

Rayne likes this.
  8. GreenRock

GreenRock Base Burner

Arrow arrows

dredek0 and Apronymous like this.
  9. Invaders

Invaders Shark Slayer

What about arrows with blocks attached?

10. Squeal

Squeal Shipwright

I almost forgot...
    Shark Arrows

11. Invaders

Invaders Shark Slayer

Arrows Sharks.

GreenRock likes this.
  12. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Alright, enough off topic. Back to topic or this thread is going to be locked.

13. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

That's bullshit.
    Attaching teammates to arrows is our future. Nothing but teammates, bisons, and sharks.

ontopic:
    I think it's great that archers have more types of arrows,
    but it sure has made the archer too OP.
    I mean, before this, archer already was a little OP, but now its like a storm of water and explosives.
    My solution for the problem: Give knights specials too.
    Waterbombs. Can extinguish a lot of fire with only a single bomb, at the cost of some damage to your walls.
    Higher-Knockback-bombs. For bombjumps, or for you Sun Tzu "divide and conquer" strategies.
    Larger-Explosion-bombs. selfexplanatory.

14. Shadowofgold

Shadowofgold Haxor

As a primary archer, I'm not going to complain about my newfound ability to destroy everything in my path. Walls? Get outta here, I have bombs. Knights? Stun 'em and then shoot 'em/backstab 'em with water arrows.

Honestly I think they are OP as heck, but you're not going to see me complaining.

Gofio likes this.
  15. sheek

sheek Horde Gibber

I think all the abilities that archers have now has gone a little overboard. And a lot of people have been suggesting to use arrows to transport and fling things over longer distances.....don't get ahead of yourself guys I think using an arrow to transport knights is a little to far...and unrealistic

16. Wargod-Loki

Wargod-Loki Haxor

They're just trolling, infact the balance between Knight and Archer has never been better before. (though, even when the people here say archers are op, a good Knight will still beat any archer with any arrow type... SHIELD FTW ;)

17. Ratka

Ratka Shipwright

Shield FTW... except against a water arrow... yay shield!

18. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

Considering the fact that Archers lost their ability to stun shielding Knights with a fully-charged regular ol' arrow, I think the water arrows are okay. Bomb arrows seem pretty overpowered, what with the inability to get them off once ya been stuck, but then again, you can only carry one in each inventory slot, and a shield CAN block them.

I'm okay with them so far. Honestly, considering how much Archers' long-range sniping capabilities have been nerfed, a good Knight can easily cook and throw a bomb to kill them. And remember - Archers can't block bombs, meaning they're putting themselves at serious risk every time they go on the offensive.

19. sheek

sheek Horde Gibber

True true but I'd say that archers end up having better precision and accuracy with an arrow than a knight does with a bomb. They cover more distance too.

20. Shadowofgold

Shadowofgold Haxor

You clearly haven't compared the two. Using arrows is much harder now, and bombs are fairly easy to get the right motion on.

Wargod-Loki likes this.