1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Forum New Forum Stuff

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Shadlington, Sep 3, 2013.

1. Shadlington

Shadlington THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

So the forum got a long-overdue upgrade, as you probably noticed. We ended up changing the style we were using because the 'upgraded' version of the old style wasn't as good.

I'd like to draw your attention to a couple of new features:

Check out the 'resources' tab at the top. In time I'd like to have all custom kag content (maps, texture packs, mods, etc.) move to using that section, as it offers a bunch of extra, useful features - version history, ratings, etc.
    When you create a resource it automatically creates a special linked thread for it in the appropriate section... Although we haven't figured out what all the appropriate sections should be, so there isn't a full range of categories yet.
    Anyone can create a resource, except for the 'Community Dev Apps' resources, which we're only going to give create access to people we trust are doing something legitimate (because these usually involve downloading and installing an .exe, which is a bit risky). You can apply for access to create one of these by creating a new thread in the 'Community Dev Corner' forum.

The other thing that's very new is that you can now tag someone in your post to force them to get an alert.
    Like so: @Troll - Now Troll is gonna get an alert about this post!
    Don't abuse it to annoy people or we'll take it away from you :p
    Note: You can turn off having alerts when someone tags you if its getting too annoying, here: https://forum.kag2d.com/account/alert-preferences

There's also a bunch of other minor changes, e.g. the member page lets you list people by likes and other junk, if you're into that kinda thing.

As ever, let me know if you have any issues - this thread is probably a good place for that, in the short-term. Also, let me know if you have any suggestions about any of the new stuff, e.g. what categories we should have in the resources section.

Guitarman, AcidSeth, Kalikst and 4 others like this.
  2. Toy

Toy Bison Rider

I already checked resources thing. First thing I saw :p

3. Shadlington

Shadlington THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

4. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

5. Toy

Toy Bison Rider

Members online now: Total: 55 (members: 20, guests: 26, robots: 9) :huh?:

6. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

7. Crabmaster

Crabmaster Bison Rider
    1. Zen Laboratories

@Crabmaster man this is gonna get weird...

Also checking out the resource thing now, being I plan to work on my texturepacks and maps this week I might enjoy this new option! Adjusting to a new forum style is always worth it but so awkward! xD

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  8. WarrFork

WarrFork フォーク Donator Tester

Oh that resources section is damn great, it's gonna be pretty usefull.

Digger101 likes this.
  9. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

12345678910: lovely old-style numbers. Which typo is it?

10. Kouji

Just an FYI for you guys, fixed permissions for social groups, so you have the ability to join them now. @Shadlington forgot to set it so that registered members could join cause the setting for joining was no/inherit instead of unlimited or limted to some number. Since you guys weren't in another group that had join on, this resulted in no one being able to join groups.

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  11. BrokenWings

BrokenWings Builder Stabber

I approve the 'resources section' . Great work!
    @sinnertie

12. Kouji

Just an update I guess.

1.) New Emotes Added (and some updated to be the Beta versions)
    eg::B)::rekt::rektlord:78787878:heart::bomb::mine::water_arrow::bomb_arrow: and so on

2.) Below the Other (Not game releated) Section and above Other Languages Section, there is a new section called Applications. In this section, there are 2 subsections called "For Forum Mod" and "For Testing". In the "For Forum Mod" section, you may attempt to apply for Moderatorship. In the "For Testing" section, you may apply for tester status to test stuff for the game before it is released to public. In either case, I suggest you read the stickies cause if anything is answered there and you ask a question about something that is already there or don't include something that it tells you to include there, you'll automatically be rejected.

Also you can type this if you so wish for an emote :every_bad_archer_ever:

Bint likes this.
  13. RogueCupcake

RogueCupcake Haxor Official Server Admin

Love the new update, resource's are the best!:keg:

14. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

15. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

the resource update was months ago so it's not really all that new anymore

But ye, cool staff member positions and testers gogo. I might apply for the tester position because I always find bugs, but then again I'm sure there's already a competent tester base so my exemplary services could go elsewhere.

16. RogueCupcake

RogueCupcake Haxor Official Server Admin

@Monsteri Why you put Shad? This is to discuss the new forum updates. ???

17. kingofthebrithins

kingofthebrithins Shopkeep Stealer

Yey , the resource page is very useful :3 :teabag::B):
    :migrant::QQ:

Guitarman likes this.