1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

New map format

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Shadlington, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Shadlington

Shadlington THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Taken from the blog:

My thoughts:
    Sounds pretty darn cool, but the editor will need some serious beefing up.
    Tools for moving tents, etc. are a must.

Niceties like fill tools and line draws and things would be a plus. However, I suppose if you allow saving in either .kag or .png that'd be fine, as you could make initial landscape changes in paint and only swap to .kag when you are ready for finer detail.

Noburu, FuzzyBlueBaron and Rayne like this.
  2. Eggnogg

Eggnogg Ye Olde Wench Donator Tester

Yeah, this sounds great. Cannot wait for these changes.

Some people have asked that we be able to specify how damaged a block is, allowing for aesthetics, as well as things such as neutral platforms. I hope we have the ability to augment things such as quarters and workshops in the map. I hope if something like this gets implemented, we are also given the rules config option of allowing players to move outposts/catapults and not destroy workshops.

3. Foxodi

Foxodi KAG Guard Tester

Bomb shops in A/D and TDM maps ftw. Less bomb spam, defenders aren't so boring and a strategic spot to discourage turtling in RDM.

4. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Some thoughts:
    Hope spikes on background wall are fixed in Editor, Editor needs some beefing up and a new overall umm GUI -cough- Expanding off of builder's is strange. Also, should be an Editor key so that we don't have to be builder perhaps? :)

Really like the idea, sounds reallly awesome.
    I'd like to see:
    Damaged blocks
    Workshops and such :)
    Editor fixed up a bit with it perhaps, just the same thing but with any character different key? :) (Instead of F)

Overall really like this being worked on, can't wait to test out the new map format :)

5. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

6. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Editor indeed does need some honing - but if MM is working now on this, he may have the zombies ready! :D

This is excellent news, I was very dissapointed when I tried to make my first map, damaged blocks played a big role and then they weren't saved :(

7. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Editor mode: Play as floating builder bot. Left click to place objects, right click to remove. F to select object types. Mouse cursor allows you to select and highlight any block on the map and see what you can do with it. (Currently, playing as a builder with its clunky X/C button setup is a fail. Also seeing highlighted blocks around the builder throws me off everytime.)

F button might be for placing blocks and buildings, and E for placing items, like bombs, arrows, etc.

Edit: Missed the link to the editor suggestion topic. :X

8. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

WOO!!! Particularly like that they kept compatibility with PNG. :D

Looks good! Have to agree with most of the suggestions here, but I know we're in good hands here. :D