1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

{New-Project} HellBound Texturepack

Discussion in 'Texture Packs' started by Yo_Bro_, Jun 11, 2013.

?

Please vote yes if your watching for release! It just motivates me more, thanks guys!

1. Yes Im watching for release!

13 vote(s)
    65.0%
  2. No this texture pack is not of intrest to me, and i would like to post a suggestion in comments.

7 vote(s)
    35.0%
  1. Yo_Bro_

Yo_Bro_ Tree Planter

Hey guys! Its Yo_Bro_, and this is the new texture pack im working on. Its not done yet, this is just to get you guys excited for the release! I am currently working on a texture pack, the theme is ,a very red, hell bound earth! I choose this because this is my first texture pack, and this theme happens to be one of the easier ones, so hope you like it!

I am estimating a release around: next week. June 15
    Remember! This is just an estimation, this is if nothing comes up.
    Don't expect much, this is my first texture pack and many thanks to the forums!
    This happens to be my first post :>
    Check out the screen shot and please give feedback! Thanks Guys!
    </br>--- merged: Jun 11, 2013 1:44 AM ---</br>
    Im doing this by hand by the way! Many thanks to GIMP 2!

Attached Files:

CrispyChips35 and xThunderBirdx like this.
  2. Conquerer

Conquerer Shark Slayer

Looks good.

3. Yo_Bro_

Yo_Bro_ Tree Planter

Hey guys, been working all night, its 12:10 am now XD and i got some new screens for you all!
    Its still a work in progress, but might relea screen-13-06-05-11-17-12.png screen-13-06-05-12-10-50.png screen-13-06-05-12-13-39.png screen-13-06-05-12-10-50.png se a demo download soon!

Attached Files:

4. Infiniterising

Infiniterising Amorous Duelist Donator

WOW... it looks nice, but is everything red, even team doors and bridges?

xThunderBirdx likes this.
  5. Yo_Bro_

Yo_Bro_ Tree Planter

Well I'm afraid if i try to mix it up i'm going to make it look bad, but i will try a little variety, and no the doors and bridges will not be all red i happen to already have them textured, but i might be changing some stuff, because as you said its all very red xD Thanks for the Feedback!
    </br>--- merged: Jun 11, 2013 2:20 PM ---</br>
    any suggestions by the way? I'm Not too sure on how to change it up and keep the hell bound theme, but the only important thing is it looks nice .
    </br>--- merged: Jun 11, 2013 2:23 PM ---</br>
    Actually i'm thinking, red nature, and black buildings? Not super black but it could add a nice sinister theme!
    </br>--- merged: Jun 11, 2013 2:55 PM ---</br>
    OK putting up new post with changes, idk its kind of pulling me both ways whether i should continue red or develop what Ive changes, so check out the new post.

6. Yo_Bro_

Yo_Bro_ Tree Planter

Hey guys Ive decided that all red might be a bit over doing it, so i changed it up
    a bit and Im hoping to get you all's opinion on whether the changes are better or worse, ill be posting several screenshots for comparison, Thank you all!
    screen-13-06-05-12-11-03.png screen-13-06-05-21-55-45.png screen-13-06-05-22-05-24.png screen-13-06-05-21-55-40.png screen-13-06-05-12-13-39.png screen-13-06-05-21-56-13.png

Attached Files:

FlammableSoulz likes this.
  7. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

merged threads, please keep your pack to this thread only, and dont create any new ones, thanks.

8. Yo_Bro_

Yo_Bro_ Tree Planter

OK thanks, I didn't know i can do that ! I'm still a tree planter xD,
    </br>--- merged: Jun 11, 2013 3:16 PM ---</br>
    but the polls gone...
    </br>--- merged: Jun 11, 2013 3:17 PM ---</br>
    Just answer in the comments whether i should stay red? Or if i should Go with the purple?

9. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

the purple does work better as it wont conflict with the red team's colours, though i suggest finding more realistic shades if you want to use it for stone blocks.

Yo_Bro_ likes this.
  10. Yo_Bro_

Yo_Bro_ Tree Planter

Thanks for the input! and by more realistic you mean..? Smoother?

11. FlammableSoulz

FlammableSoulz Drill Rusher

You should go for the purple texture

Yo_Bro_ likes this.
  12. Yo_Bro_

Yo_Bro_ Tree Planter

I think i will, I was playing with it and it just adds a nice feel im going to start work on it, and what do you think about the shades of purple?

13. bout

bout Shark Slayer

For now, you just changed gradient. No big deal.

14. bronzebot

bronzebot Base Burner

Sounds nice, could turn out interesting.....
    *looks at screenshot*
    WTFLOLBBQ
    Keep dat texurepack going!!! :p

15. bout

bout Shark Slayer

Protip: Don't use such strong red shade.

16. Yo_Bro_

Yo_Bro_ Tree Planter

17. Yo_Bro_

Yo_Bro_ Tree Planter

Sorry bout the spam of Posts :/ But i have something for you all!
    This is the Pre-Release of the new (and my first) texture pack Ive been working on!
    This is just a demo type deal, as there is still much to be done. I am working vigorously and
    can't see it taking too much longer as i enjoy working on this :> The files attached a long with a readme
    installation guide inside! Thanks guys, look forward to the official release! screen-13-06-05-21-56-20.png screen-13-06-05-21-56-20.png screen-13-06-05-21-56-13.png screen-13-06-06-00-49-30.png screen-13-06-05-22-25-31.png

Attached Files:

hans_02 likes this.
  18. Conquerer

Conquerer Shark Slayer

not realistic...?

19. Good work, continue with the texture pack, looking good, try find stone blocks that looks smoother with its surrounds, same with other blocks (Blue: Team doors, bridges etc.)

20. bout

bout Shark Slayer

Hey, eyeballs-on-sticks would be cool as trees.