1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

-

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by inactive_account, Aug 28, 2012.

1. -

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2023
    Beef, JacKD, Canadian98 and 6 others like this.
  2. AdrianC

AdrianC Haxor Tester

It will be much more realistic. :thumbs_up:

3. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Meh, fuck physics. I just get sick of kids finding ways to abuse the support system, so this will be a nice touch. It'll force people to be more strategic as opposed to OMFG SKYBRIDGE FUK YA

4. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

All around the world, hundreds of griefer are getting tiny little erections and they don't know why.

Anyways 's cool. Easier to take down bridges, but might be a little trickier to take down entire buildings as straight burrowing through will kill you.

5. Cerbercre

Cerbercre Brolord 弟兄主 Donator
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

:D Eh, its interesting i like it.

6. DawnOfNights

DawnOfNights Shopkeep Stealer

That is so damm sexy!

7. FlameHaze3

FlameHaze3 Shark Slayer

How did you get this footage, in the testing and it was allowed by admins or somthin'?

8. Cerbercre

Cerbercre Brolord 弟兄主 Donator
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

It was released on their youtube channel today.
    Edit: :p

JacKD, UnnamedPlayer and FlameHaze3 like this.
  9. allknowingfrog

allknowingfrog Bison Rider

I have mixed feelings. Griefing will definitely increase. Burrowing into the base of a tower will become a much more viable strategy, which will be interesting. Anything that weakens defense gets my vote.

10. Jim_Dale

Jim_Dale Arsonist

Or builders will do what they were supposed to do in the first place and reinforce the wall.

11. Hmmm... This would be great! I don't really tend to focus on the physics, but what i would suggest is to add some gravity variables, such as; if its heavier one side, it'll topple to that side, not just fall straight down :)

Masery and Dett11 like this.
  12. Beelzebub

Beelzebub Ballista Bolt Thrower

1. Throw bombs at base of wall.
    2. ???
    3. Profit.

I'll bet that this new system will end...poorly.

13. Grendell100

Grendell100 Haxor

I don't like it. Building will be harder and it will cost morej resources.

14. I oppose. I don't like it. This is just making KAG way more complex, adding a whole new level of skill. Building will be on its very own ridiculously high-classed tier.

It will change how a lot of buildings will work. Not to mention the massive bugs and glitches that would be produced from the update.

True it makes KAG more realistic and interesting, but...well, to sum it up, you are suggesting a "massive builder nerf".

inactive_account likes this.
  15. Shadlington

Shadlington THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

It'll be configurable :)

I personally love it, because you can make servers that only have realistic defences that aren't ridiculously hard to bring down, or you can set it up for silly levels of support with little or no restrictions.

More variety ftw

16. If its configurable
    ...people will go on this server that's normal...get used to it...then go on another server...and go wtf...because of the change...if you get what I mean...I strongly oppose...unless you put it as a type of server...so that we can filter the servers that have it...

17. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Speaking as a builder, I welcome the change. Sure it means that people will have to think a bit more about how they construct their buildings, but seriously: why is that a bad thing again? I'm at the stage where the only new things I learn about building are gimmicks, so the opportunity to revisit my assumptions as a builder is something I will relish! :B):

18. Dett11

Dett11 Shipwright

Finnaly people will start making thick walls, and not just 1 block thick.

Gofio and inactive_account like this.
  19. allknowingfrog

allknowingfrog Bison Rider

I think a majority of us would welcome a builder nerf. A good tower too often creates a permanent front line where fun goes to die. Qualified builders will be fine.

KnightGabe13, FuzzyBlueBaron and Beef like this.
  20. zninja

zninja Shopkeep Stealer

Will the free KAG have this feature?