1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

New Trench Run Maps!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Theodore433, Apr 29, 2015.

Mods: 101i, Mazey
  1. Theodore433

Theodore433 Arsonist

Since Trench Run has been out for ages now, I figure it's time we add some new maps to the mix.

The first of a series of new maps I am working on is attached below.

DIRECTIONS (for those who havent dabbled in the files yet and/or are not familiar with how this works):

1. Make a new folder in the '4players' folder in the local files (Base/Maps/4players) and name it something simple ('extra' in this example)

2. Rename the map below to something a little shorter and memorable ('newmap' in this example)

3. Turn the game on and go to skirmish. When you get to the map screen prompting players to join, stop.

4. Hit your 'home' key on the keyboard (on mac it is fn + leftarrow) to bring up the console.

5. type in (including that one space between /loadmap and extra):

/loadmap extra/newmap.png

6. Hit Enter to execute, then the home key again before the game resets / goes to sleep, and you are there! Simply join and play.

7.(bonus step) Ask someone more knowledgeable than my sad self how to add new maps to the map cycle, as I have not attempted this. Also, I am uncertain if you need a new folder for each map or not, but it would currently seem to be the case on my computer, at least.

ADD YER CREATIONS BELOW.
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 29, 2015, Original Post Date: Apr 29, 2015 ---
    I had to get this one (Ancient Arena) out of the way, hackneyed as it may be.

Attached Files:

2. Lol the kag map port. If I have free time this week I'll try throwing a few maps together. Should be interesting.

3. TBA_LordKnight

TBA_LordKnight Bison Rider

Where'd you get the map colors list?

LordPumpkin and J-man2003 like this.
  4. MadRaccoon

MadRaccoon Haxor

in the Demo files

TBA_LordKnight likes this.
  5. franek123

franek123 The architect of the royal castle. Donator Tester

"Train bridge"
    test1.png
    screen-15-05-15-19-52-02.png

6. TBA_LordKnight

LordPumpkin likes this.
  7. bru-jaz

bru-jaz Haxor

Ive figured out how to make the rounds have longer time and score. Also adding more seconds to the time lapse you can revive before the score table shows up. This make the playability a little more fun and longer, therefore the game get boring slower than with fast-short rounds:

You have to change Base/Rules/4players/4players_vars.cfg file

#variables for 4players

#score to be reached to win
    score_cap = 20;

#seconds before player times out on class selection
    classpick_timeout = 5; #seconds 8

#warmup time
    warmup = 3; #seconds

#map round time
    timeout = 240; #seconds

#seconds to display scores
    scores_time = 3;

#seconds to display scores when series ends
    endseries_time = 5;

#seconds before round ends after one player remains (to allow medkit saving)
    deadbuffer_time = 10;

Tried to change the scripts for adding a 5th player but it only bugs and glitched out the game :P .
    I still have no clue how to add maps to the map cycle. If anyone knows, please, tell us.

By the way, i am planning to buy the 4-pack on this week or the next, just to clarify i am really excited with this project and supporting it.

8. TBA_LordKnight

"Scaffolding"
    Scaffolding.png
    This map seems to favor snipers but I generally play assault on this. ::):
    Scaffolding Action Shot.png
    And has anybody else noticed something interesting on the map called "old truce" located in the TrenchRun>Base>Maps folder. Yeah seems kinda strange with those multiple team spawns on each side... seems like it's a team map. ::D:

Last edited: May 30, 2015
  9. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

I could get the maps to load but nothing else, they wouldn't stick afterward. If I put them in 4players they would crash the game when I tried to /loadmap them, but they would work when just in Maps, but then they wouldn't stick, like I said.

Help? Or is this how it is?

10. franek123

franek123 The architect of the royal castle. Donator Tester

This how it is for now i think :(

11. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

Yep

Also seriously where is the palette for map-making :P

12. TBA_LordKnight

I posted a Spriter Starter Pack resource that contains an updated map palette. ::):
    -EDIT- This has been taken down due to changes in Trench Run that render my packs useless :QQ:

Last edited: Sep 12, 2016
    Theodore433 and LordPumpkin like this.
Mods: 101i, Mazey