1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Next map votes before match start should send a notification to whoever's in charge of the map cycle

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Didgedy, Oct 22, 2017.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. Didgedy

Didgedy Arsonist

A bunch of maps are rather disliked. No idea how many people like/dislike certain maps, but I feel that if half the time a map is skipped before it starts, it doesn't belong in the game, and should be evaluated.
    That is all.

Blubahub and norill like this.
  2. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

Id rather not get spammed by notifications. Is it really that difficult for you to post in the designated thread
    the maps you have issues with?

Biurza and mcrifel like this.
  3. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

I haven't studied it, but I believe 75% of the map votes are casted by less than 10% of the regular players. Yuki, Hemmingway, myself and the likes.

4. Biurza

Biurza E X T R A T H I C C Staff Alumni Donator
    1. MIST
    2. Active Forum Users

From the votes that i saw, around 50% usually don't pass. And even if they do, it's just because people like to vote without really knowing why would they want to skip the map.

Blubahub likes this.
  5. Didgedy

Didgedy Arsonist

Yeah. But rather than every time someone votes you get notified, I was thinking more of an automated system whenever such a vote passes.

PUNK123 likes this.
  6. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

fwiw it should be possible to do some analysis from server logs.

Didgedy likes this.
  7. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

I'd be interested in the data but notification spam seems very unnecessary, haha. Would be interested in both votes started and votes passed. Votes started but not passed would give an idea of contentious maps, and votes passed would indicate unpopular maps; where any consistent pattern could be established, anyway. I'd want to do it across regions.

Didgedy, epsilon and Sytoplasma like this.
  8. Fuzzle

Fuzzle Grand Grumbler

I'm pretty sure that server logs don't contain map names. I already considered the possiblity.
    I have an "analytics" mod that tracks player count before and after a map and times voted / skipped.
    It also tracks durations (to see if a map creates stalemates).
    Could be interesting to track joins and leaves too.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2017
Mods: Rainbows