1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Nidhogg

Discussion in 'Other games' started by 8x, Jan 9, 2014.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Holy mother of God
    The game that everybody loves but nobody can actually play' is here

http://nidhogggame.com/

3 days 22 hours to its release

I'll get it depending on how expensive it gets. Online multiplayer has to be fantastic.

edit: can any mod change the title to 'Nidhogg'? I was too excited

Gurin, ThE_HeRo, jimmyzoudcba and 7 others like this.
  2. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

WTF I remember seeing this game on TIGSource like 5 years ago... Is it only releasing now?

jimmyzoudcba, Beef and Froghead48 like this.
  3. Fate

Fate Studying seashells

4. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

Here it is
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/94400

11,99 eu with the offer, more expensive than kag...

---
    Edit: oh boy everybody is whining at Steam about how short, buggy, expensive and awfully netcoded it is. I'll save my money yet

Last edited: Jan 15, 2014
    Beef likes this.
  5. Graver

Graver Haxor

Very, very funny game I"m playing on it with brother I prefer to buy it ;D

6. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

It's been worked on for a long time, and the combat looks absolutely marvelous, but I judge a game's worth on how long I'll play it, and most people seem to be of the opinion that Nidhogg does not have enough content to keep you interested for longer than a few hours.

Personally, I'd only pay 5 bucks at most for it.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
    Beef, Hawxx and BlueLuigi like this.
  7. 8x

8. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Fwiw can vouch for this being fantastic for local multiplayer. Anyone trying to play it over the internet is missing the point.
    Tom and I played it after a few beers at AMAZE to the point where it memleaked to death.
    [​IMG]

9. 8x

I got it but I haven't played local multiplayer yet. There's clearly a difference between the offline and online. At solo game mode you can move the sword up and down really fast like a mofo by tapping up and down, but at online it's not so responsive, you can't play as fast. That happens even with there's no lag. Great fun though playing online, such an apparently simple game but each match is different.
    Geti why don't you make a simple Nidhogg mod for KAG, you know, just for the modders to see how to.

10. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Because we've got other stuff that we're working on and that would be a perfect learning project for someone over whatever holidays they've got coming up :^) Would be pretty easy considering it's just rules code and 2 actors. Getting the map cycling stuff working might be trickier but you could just have one big map and move the camera appropriately.

I honestly don't think nidhogg is well suited for online though (implemented as a mod in kag or otherwise), it's got a lot of stuff that would not play nicely with pings outside a few frames.

11. 8x

Konoko likes this.
  12. Lawrence_Shagsworth

Lawrence_Shagsworth Joke Slayer Official Server Admin

Has the online for this game gotten any better so far? Remember there being issues nearer to launch

13. 8x

Online is bad 70% of the times I've played, most of the times you won't find players to play against. Only if you get to play with a friend that lives close to you the lag is acceptable. Being from Spain i played with an italian guy a lot of times and it wen't more or less good. Local mp is fun, and solo is very small content, but great as well.

14. Best "ruin your relationships simulator" since mario party 64

AmestriStephen likes this.
  15. Lawrence_Shagsworth

Lawrence_Shagsworth Joke Slayer Official Server Admin

Nah m8, that title belongs to Super Smash Bros. Nice final smash you got there, it'd be a shame if you WENT OUT THE MAP

DatNobby and Joiken like this.
  16. 8x

17. Geti

gl getting "good netcode" in anything with frame-perfect combat, just saying :^)

8x likes this.
  18. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

NETCODE JOHNS.

Just kidding, @Geti has a really good point. There's far too many factors and obstacles in achieving a "perfect" connection.

19. 8x

Heh, as a player what I want is to have the solo perfection on a multiplayer version :wink:.

Geti likes this.
  20. Geti

(insert local multi on couch suggestion here)

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
Mods: BlueLuigi