1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

No Flag Stalemates

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Nivlac_13, Feb 13, 2014.

?

Is this a problem

1. Yes

66.7%
  2. No

33.3%
Mods: Rainbows
  1. Nivlac_13

Nivlac_13 Shopkeep Stealer

2014-02-11_00001.jpg
    Sometimes in CTF both teams have all the flags possible. Because of this neither side can capture the flag(s) they have and then you have a weird stalemate. You might think it'd be just as easy to win as when the flags are in their normal position however this in not the case. That is me hiding in that stupid fort if somebody blew it up I would simply run away with the flag in tow. If I was killed the flag dropped but my team could simply pick it up before the timer ran out. This stalemate went on for quite a bit, it eventually ended when I got bored and basically threw myself+flag at the enemy (my team wasn't happy).

Solutions in order from least sense to most.

1. Kegs rain from the sky, simple and stupid
    2. Person carrying flag lights on fire, less simple and slightly less stupid
    3. Respawn is turned off, may cause even worse stalemates
    4. Flag return timer is cut, when the flag is dropped in this situation it would instantly return to the other side

Thoughts? Is it a problem? Do you have a better solution?

Aeroblitzer likes this.
  2. Trumbles

Trumbles Bison Rider

All of your solutions seem... extreme.

The best i can think of, is that for each consecutive pickup, a flag's return timer should shorten. (To a minimum time, of course)

This would eventually end stalemates, because it would take less and less effort to secure the flag after defeating it's holder.

Stalemates are indeed a problem in KAG, however. There should be a ticket system (but with ridiculously high numbers) to make stalemates eventually end.

Nivlac_13 likes this.
  3. Gurin

Gurin Stop That! Global Moderator Donator Tester

These types of stalemates are actually the fun I always look for. It normally never happens on normal pub games because half the team is either stupid, or cannot be bothered to get the opposites team in time. (Or get your own back).

I simply think all of your ideas are terrible. Preferably I think you should just keep it to the people playing the game. (e.g; they can send votes.)

Most of the people like that extreme "hold the flag to win" type of game. It makes it more of a task to protect your enemies flag and also get yours back at the same time. Bomb-jumping, ballistas and whatever your team does, it just makes it so intense. Imo, I like this sort of game.

Galen likes this.
  4. Nivlac_13

Nivlac_13 Shopkeep Stealer

I absolutely hate votes. Anything that can be handled without the need for a vote (afk's) should be.

5. Gurin

Gurin Stop That! Global Moderator Donator Tester

The new update came out a day or two ago. Now if you're standing still (or whatever, don't really understand it) after 5 mins, you will be kicked from the game.

Nivlac_13 likes this.
Mods: Rainbows