1. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

No forceupdate.bat and need to update

Discussion in 'General Help' started by CreamSoda, Oct 18, 2016.

1. CreamSoda

CreamSoda Ballista Bolt Thrower

I need to update my King Arthur's gold to get rid of a bug and when looking through the KAG folder there is no "forceupdate.bat" or any kind of update file that I can use to force update the game I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game but it keeps installing it with that file missing. I have tried deleting the version file in the APP folder and that just put the version file back. Maybe someone can post their forceupdate.bat file so I can download and use it because I'm out of options...

2. FoxyLady

FoxyLady Haxor Staff Alumni

If you have the steam version of the game, you might wanna right click the game from your library, choose properties, and then click on the local files tab. There should be an option to verify integrity of the game cache and click on that. Might take like a minute or two and it should add files that you where missing from your kag folder. You can also if it doesn't work delete local game content from the local files tab as well and then try to download it again.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
    makmoud98 and _Cuffs_ like this.
  3. CreamSoda

CreamSoda Ballista Bolt Thrower

are you talking about the classic version of the game?

4. FoxyLady

FoxyLady Haxor Staff Alumni

Oh dang my bad didn't notice that this was on the classic kag section. Belay my last then.

5. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

All forceupdate does is delete base/entities and app/ and then starts the game - for classic you might need to delete base/ entirely since it uses base/sprites and so-on.
    Just delete everything and download it again from the site.