1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

No Sound On Ubuntu

Discussion in 'Archive' started by tankypon, May 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tankypon

tankypon Bison Rider

Category: KAG Client
    Operating system: Linux (Ubuntu 13.04 64bits)
    Build number: 745
    Description: (This issue doesn't affected Linux 32bits version!) With Ubuntu 64bits, I don't have sound on KAG (both classic and BETA).. Just the game says: "Could not load libasound.so". So I tried to put this lib on the repertory "lib" but... This is very annoying :(
    Screenshots/Videos:
    [​IMG]

2. kaizokuroof

kaizokuroof Agkubuk|'Kaizokuroof' Cilobakil, Roofpointy Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

Hey this thread might help you out, I know it's for classic, but I believe you'll be needing the same libs.

https://forum.kag2d.com/threads/fixed-sound-for-ubuntu-12-10-64-bit.12208/

Here is OP of thread for your convenience:

So navigate to where libasound.so is, then run:

sudo cp libasound.so /usr/lib32 && sudo ln -s /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/alsa-lib /usr/lib32

hope this helps :)

@@@@@@@@@@@@@

I might add that you are running build 745, current public beta is 749 - You might also want to delete the following:

/KAG Beta/Base/Scripts
    /KAG Beta/Base/Entities
    /KAG Beta/Base/Sprites
    /KAG Beta/Cache/
    /KAG Beta/App/version.txt

then launch the game again.

UnnamedPlayer likes this.
  3. tankypon

tankypon Bison Rider

Hi kaizokuroof, thanks for your help! It is the first time with these following commands I heard KAG's sound on my personal computer!!! Thanks for your advise again :) But why did the game not find this file? It is pretty annoying..

I have to do these commands to have sound (maybe this can help others):
    sudo cp /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libasound.so.2.0.0 /lib/libasound.so && sudo ln -s /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/alsa-lib /lib
    I think since the upgrade of Ubuntu to 13.04 64 bits, the folder "lib32" has disappeared, it is called now "lib".

----------------

Yes, my Kag's build is 745.
    I deleted these folders and run the game again but after upgrading, the build is always 745.. I tried on another computer with Ubuntu 13.04 32bits but the problem is here too!
    Is this a bug??
    PS: I just see the build of my KAG's (linux) server, and the version is 749 but not the client :(

4. kaizokuroof

kaizokuroof Agkubuk|'Kaizokuroof' Cilobakil, Roofpointy Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Heya Tankypon,

First of all, it is no problem! I too had this problem :) I'm glad it fixed it for you. I've just checked, the Linux version SHOULD be version 749, are you able to see servers at all?

Anyways, here is a script to clear out all the needed files, without needing to extract the tar file again. This script is deleting directories and should be placed in your ROOT folder of KAG Beta.

First of all, download the tar called scripts.tar, to your KAG beta directory

For example, my KAG beta is stored: /home/kaizokuroof/KAB

then unzip:
    Code:
    sudo tar -xvf scripts.tar
    Then all you need to do is run this line of code:
    Code:
    sudo chmod +x clearfilesrunkag.sh
    The above will make the bash file executable and then you need to run:
    Code:
    sudo ./clearfilesrunkag.sh
    It will delete all the directories needed for a clean update and then launch KAG. If you want it to just clear out the directories and NOT launch KAG, just open the script with gedit (or any other notepad editor) and remove the last line "./KAG"

Run this script and see if your version changes. I myself am using Ubuntu 64 bit, so I wouldn't know. If I get some extra time I'll mess with a 32 bit install, but for now if you can try the script and let me know if it updates, would be good :)

Attached Files:

tankypon likes this.
  5. tankypon

tankypon Bison Rider

Hi again :rollseyes:
    I just see that the new build version is 750! And my version is always 745... So I tried your script (after corrected syntax error: "enities" to "entities"), so the script run properly but after upgrading, the build is still 745! I tried both on a computer with Ubuntu 13.04 64 bits and 32 bits.
    Thanks for sharing your time :)

PS: Yes, I can see the servers with build 749 and I can connect to them. For example, I can connect to my server.
    [​IMG]

kaizokuroof likes this.
  6. kaizokuroof

Thanks, I updated the script, to fix the spelling mistake. Sorry about that :QQ: I'm not sure this is a bug, or it should be moved to the help section :)

7. tankypon

tankypon Bison Rider

I forget in my last post, your script is not required to be root ;)
    Just type in a console:
    Code:
    cd folder_of_KAG/
    mv folder_of_the_script/script.tar .
    tar -xvf script.tar
    chmod +x clearfilesrungame.sh
    ./clearfilesrunkag.sh
    So what do I have to do now? :( If I can't update the game on my two Ubuntu computer.. Create a new topic in Help Section?
    </br>--- merged: May 8, 2013 7:42 PM ---</br>
    I have this new issue now since the build 450!

Code:
    Downloading http://update.kag2d.com/1/linux32-client-release/App/version.txt...
    file Downloads/App/version.txt
    fscanf read error: autoupdate 1 - Downloads/App/version.txt

PS: Now this topic is useless, please close. I'll create later a new topic for my new issue...

8. kaizokuroof

Could always try a fresh extract of KAG Beta and see if that makes a difference. Also, try running in elevated privileges with sudo ./KAG rather than launching via the run.sh script and see if you get the same error.

9. tankypon

tankypon Bison Rider

I got the same error both fresh installation and run with root but... Yes there is a "but" now, the game is running the last version of KAG Beta (the build 750!) :)
    You can see in a windowed game this figure: [​IMG]

But before to launch the game and click to "Play", it is the build 745 which is marked! It must just updated this figure ;) : [​IMG]

But this error is anyway weird: "fscanf read error: autoupdate 1 - Downloads/App/version.txt".

Thank you for your patience!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.