1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Rejected "NoMansLand" by Didgedy

Discussion in 'CTF' started by Ni, Oct 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ni

Ni Battle Angel Global Moderator Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Donator Tester Official Server Admin
    1. Active Forum Users

2. Ferrezinhre

Ferrezinhre Haxor Mapping Moderator Official Server Admin

400 block long map isn't bad but not many would play on it, poor resource spread and bedrock height, if mid will deteriorate map will end with large bottomless pit. I will complain bit about gold overflow, bit too much in my eyes, although flags seems fine for me. Still no.

3. mehwaffle10

mehwaffle10 Haxor Mapping Moderator Official Server Admin

It's... alright. There are obvious issues with it just being another flat map and is somewhat long, but it doesn't do that bad of a job of it. Again there are too many trees and too much gold, although its debatable that a lot of gold/wood is necessary for pushing on such a long flat map. The spikes front is a cute touch that should spice up the rush in theory but its more harmful to the team its in front of. The bedrock needs to be raised, I'm pretty sure the map can deteriorate down to void in mid, and the bedrock spikes are just annoying if the map deterioriates (which flat maps tend to do). The flags are pretty good imo, although you could argue for just making it the front flag to make matches shorter and a little less stalematey. I'd say maybe with changes but its still another flat map so I'd need convincing.

4. Magmus

Magmus Ballista Bolt Thrower Mapping Moderator Official Server Admin

Giant flat map, it is kinda cool tho. I think it would work better cutting some pieces of it to make it smaller.
    The spikes on front of the red barrier don't make much sense as they will be destroyed on the first few seconds of the game.
    It also needs better bedrock, as it will most likely deteriorate in void and some bedrock spikes that makes making progress a huge pain when it happens. It also seems like there is tons of materials, but I don't know how much is needed on a map like this one.
    I will say no without tweaks to the bedrock and the map size.

5. Ni

Ni Battle Angel Global Moderator Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Donator Tester Official Server Admin
    1. Active Forum Users

Yes: 0
    No: 3
    Rejected

mehwaffle10 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.