1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Not being Owner on my own "local" server

Discussion in 'Modding Help' started by Draco1991, Mar 15, 2014.

1. Draco1991

Draco1991 Haxor

Whenever I run dedicatedserver.bat and I join to my server, I have a bright purple name but I'm classified as Normal in the Security, not admin or anything else. So I can't execute server commands like /sv_gravity or /sv_test 1 using /rcon. I don't know how to fix it so please help. Thanks!

2. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

If you've actually set up seclevs then you'll be classified as "normal" until you add your username to the admin seclev username list.

With default security you should have full rcon on local servers (with the purple name, which is an unfortunate bug)

3. Draco1991

Draco1991 Haxor

So, I'm not very good at this. I have added my name under Users = Draco1991; . I go and run dedicatedserver.bat and go onto my server and I am still classed Normal when I go to execute an /rcon command. Is there something I need to do to set up seclev? If so, please tell me. Thanks!