1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Nursery produces dirt

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by KaB, May 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Mods: Rainbows
  1. KaB

KaB Shopkeep Stealer

Nursery should be able to produce dirt.

It would work exactly like the factories droping ammos for soldier/archers, ballista, mounted bow, like the kitchen droping foods etc. : a small pile of dirt would be droped in front of the nursery. The speed of production can be the same than the seeds one. No class automatically picks it up (you have to press C, F and put it in your inventory), as I guess this ressource doesn't necessarly have to be in your inventory, even though it's very important for the trees, so that's why I believe there should be a way to get some.

Only the builders are able to put blocks of dirt, they need to have some in the inventory, and they can put it on old dirt locations only. In other words the background needs to be made of dirt so that you can put blocks of dirt at this location.

2. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

I'd agree with dirt as a new block

3. Apronymous

Apronymous Bison Rider

I really like this idea, but I'd hate for this to happen while dirt is boat proof.

4. I think this idea is great, but I don't like the idea of builders making towers out of dirt when they are low on stone.

5. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Having dirt as produceable block seems somewhat... senseless to me, tbh. That will just encourage minecrafters to build their own happy little lawn and will slow down the game even more.

Conquerer and Cpa3y like this.
  6. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

Dirt as a block alone also has some of its own weaknesses and advantages like wood and stone.
    So why not?

7. KaB

KaB Shopkeep Stealer

A sentence you might have missed :

"[...] and they can put it on old dirt locations only. In other words the background needs to be made of dirt so that you can put blocks of dirt at this location."

Froghead48 likes this.
  8. Galen

The only advantave I could see that dirt has would be it's increased bomb-proofness. But that'd be all.

9. Apronymous

Apronymous Bison Rider

It would also help with rebuilding shorelines for boat proofing.

10. Kiofspa

Kiofspa Shipwright

Or speed it up, if the "minecrafters" are able to use their happy little lawn properly and produce resources and factories required to speed up the game.

11. Galen

You are implying that minecrafters would do something useful after they're done with their first piece of ... art in a match?

12. Conquerer

Conquerer Shark Slayer

It could actually be used to hide inside tunnels when tunnelling, to make you more stealthy and more defended?

13. Vermilicious

Vermilicious Ballista Bolt Thrower

It's frustrating when there's no ground left. It tends to stall the game. However, I don't think the ability to place dirt blocks is a good solution. I think we need more resources on the map in general so that we're not just left with wood. Possibly the ability to add more permanent blocks, like concrete or some such. Maybe.

14. Ne3zy

Ne3zy Haxor

stop upping old threads there is no nursery anymore

inactive_account likes this.
  15. Vermilicious

Vermilicious Ballista Bolt Thrower

I'm sorry. I assumed posts in the "Beta" forums were related to the "Beta" version of the game, released some days ago. I guess not.

amgtree likes this.
Mods: Rainbows
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.