1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

On Name Changes and Impersonation

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DevBlogger, Nov 1, 2013.

1. DevBlogger

DevBlogger KAG DevBlog Feed Bot

We appreciate that this new name change facility is magnificent fun and it’s awesome to be able to call yourself cupcake mcdickinson, or to have a server full of peasants…

That said, anyone found impersonating developers or using the functionality abusively may receive a one-day ban while we figure out what needs doing in the long term.

We will probably not police this particularly fervently as it’s very, very subjective, but if you do something as blatant as jump on a server as “Geti” or “MM” and start trying to trick people into thinking you’re us, extorting money or similar, you can expect a short ban to think about your actions :^)

Max/Geti

Original DevBlog post.

Atheon, Hawxx, miniu and 3 others like this.
  2. Iamaclay

Iamaclay Shark Slayer

WE can change our names?

you know what this means...:kappa:

3. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

people must be really dumb to actually believe that because A. if it were me you guys would never extort for money? right? right?? and B. the scoreboard has all the answers

4. nkChehov

nkChehov Ballista Bolt Thrower
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

may just lock your names and np

5. One

One I got 99 problems and my name is One Donator Tester

Don't assume everyone will not be tricked, people who don't go on the forums well be able to be tricked fairly easily considering the majority of people playing kag are underage, and fairly suggestible.

Atheon and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  6. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Can't you just look at the scoreboard and see their true name in parentheses?

7. Boea

Boea Such Beta

How does one open console?

8. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

Home.

Atheon likes this.
  9. what about offering sexual favors in exchange for likes while pretending to be a certain guard?

Atheon and GloriousToast like this.
  10. Boea

Boea Such Beta

I'm listening, EJ.

11. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

Should have asked him how much.

12. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I don't think name changes should be allowed anyway. On the forums, it's ok. In game, why is this needed at all? We have clan tags, use that to make yourself feel special.

13. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Because of Steam. If it wasn't going on steam, it'd probably have never been added in the first place.

Atheon likes this.
  14. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Oh, does steam require that for primarily online games like TF2 and etc?

15. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Not sure if it's required all I know is that Geti said it was because you can change your name on steam, and the game needs to support that or something.

Atheon likes this.
  16. Boea

Boea Such Beta

I was soliciting conversation; whether or not it is worth it, is another subject.

Anyways, it feels kinda backwards to say that we should have wanton name changing on the forums.
    I felt that the forums was the place for serious discussion, and that requires a solid identity, or at least pseudonyms.
    Steam is alright with the name changing, as they have the ability to list them, with dates, but the roster provides the true names.
    It shouldn't be an issue. If it is, you could request name locks, or concatenate the true name on-mouse-over, too.

Atheon likes this.