1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

One Block wide travel glitch.

Discussion in 'General Help' started by Darksteel, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Darksteel

Darksteel The see me Boulderin', they hatin'. Donator
    1. Australians United Stand Strong - AUSS - (Invite Only)

I am already very sick of this, multiple times it has been abused resulting in my team losing, towers being traversed through archer ports and worst of all... my Dark tower is now pointless as knights can get in within a few seconds.
    heres a screenie of the tunnel and the player who abused it...
    glitcher.png
    what was worse was that we had low unit count when he got in the base which resulted in me not being able to respawn. I'm not sure if this has been posted yet, if it has I'm sorry for wasting your time.

I know I was supposed to report this on Mantis.com or whatever but I don't have an account there.

2. ShadowFire2010

ShadowFire2010 Haxor

MM said this is a glitchy build and yes IT MAKES ME MAD when people glitch abuse I have used it 1 time with my friends on a LAN as a trick but still people aren't good enough that's why they do this (BTW people have posted this)

3. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Video and report people who do for now, it's better than 3 tile wide diagonal tunnels for now...

It's been reported before I'm sure they'll fix it

4. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

This is the single biggest problem by a LONGSHOT on my servers now. We have to freeze people for it every 5 minutes.

5. Admins always stop this, yet the guards turn a bling eye to it. For example, i was on Incarnum and my team starts digging 1 block wide tunnels. I tell Neat, who was on the server at the time, that they were squeezing, he did nothing and turned a blind eye to it. Another time, i was on Action! CTF Unlimited Respawns, shortly after all the admins left, a person squeezes through holes to get into our base. Overlord was still on the server and he did nothing after our team complained and therefore turned a blind eye to it.

6. AJ

AJ Emperor of Mankind Donator

More like seconds people just dont get it.

7. BlueLuigi

Squeezing usually equates to "I squoze through a single tile", whereas if you explain that it is squeeze tunneling, it is a different thing entirely.

That said while this mechanic is broken it is not unfair in any way, any team can do it and unless you are retarded you can get it off the bat seeing someone else do it. It works both ways as well unlike Squeeze/Elevator being very different.

8. IloveElectro

IloveElectro Base Burner

I don't know why is so much a problem to squeeze? Well MM will fix it .. And everyone can do it if they want? What the problem I still not get it why. Maybe im retarded but I don't care if they are squeezing, I will only kill them and then continue to play.

9. Noburu

I will freeze and warn if they are squeezing over and over intentionally. The tunneling think I definitely freeze for.

10. BlueLuigi

Yea, it's very much so per server at the moment I'd say.
    Hopefully it'll eventually be gone (the squeeze tunnels anyway and the 1 tile super easy squeezing), but it's still better than what the physics were before :(

11. ShadowFire2010

ShadowFire2010 Haxor

We need to REVOLT i dont know it sounded fitting and seriously we do this and the fly glitch are the worst

12. BlueLuigi

The fly glitch is not a big problem, neither will this be soon

13. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Shark Slayer

The guards have no obligation to stop people from doing it because they haven't been told to stop people doing it.

14. trelawney

trelawney KAG Guard Tester

And you know this, how?

Noburu likes this.
  15. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Guise, Valkyrie is spy, HALP.
    You can even teleport worse than before, but only going right-to-left.
    Made a teleporter and it was able to launch me over a 15-20 tile chasm as a builder. :eek:

BlueLuigi likes this.
  16. Noburu

Screenshot and tutorial please!

Hella likes this.
  17. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

I hate tunneling but I don't see the problem with one block gaps I can accept that but like in the photo that is not acceptable but I always squeeze through a 1 block but I trynot to longer then 1 on one map/server they made a tunnel above the ground upwards of 30 blocks!