1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Ori and the Blind Forest

Discussion in 'Other games' started by Fate, Mar 15, 2015.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Fate

Fate Studying seashells

Okay, this is the best metroidvania I have played this year so far. Tight controls, absolutely stunning visuals that remind me of Trine, Bastion and pretty much any fairy tale that takes place in magical woods.

You play as Ori, some kind of spiritual light entity from a great tree. I don't really know what you are, except that you:
    1) glow
    2) are really cute
    3) can kick ass
    Storyline is fairly generic, but does not detract from the very enjoyable gameplay experience.

AmestriStephen and BlueLuigi like this.
  2. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

I've been eyeing this one, that e3 trailer was breathtaking. That music... I'll probably be buying it eventually, but I think they recommend using a controller. Did you play it with mouse + keyboard, or if not, do you think it would still be playable with mouse + keyboard?

3. Fate

Fate Studying seashells

Mods: BlueLuigi