1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Overworld?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by awesomness, Nov 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. awesomness

awesomness Catapult Fodder

I came across it in a recent post by a member , and I became rather curious about what excactly Overworld is, or was?

I've searched around the forums abit and couldn't find any decent info about it. Can any of you guys explain what it was?

Sorry if I'm breaching any rule against asking this or that I just shouldn't be, I'm just curious.
    And sorry if there was an answer to this somwhere else that I over looked.

2. Fate

Fate Studying seashells

Overworld is a scrapped idea. Originally the goal for the devs was to create a game with a persistent world (for every server) where players could find spots on the map (also travelling on said map in person) and settle cities/villages and find suitable places for mining stone and ores etc. In a nutshell sort of a pseudo-mmorpg. Travelling would happen on the "Overworld", a large map where you could see other players traveling (Think something like Final Fantasy VI overworld) and actual mining/fighting/citybuilding would happen on the sidescrolling 2d plane you see now.

It was deemed an idea too grand to be accomplished within the timeframe and was scrapped.

Sheip likes this.
  3. awesomness

awesomness Catapult Fodder

Thankyou Fate, much appreciated (:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.