1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KAG Paid for in Alpha, Authentication Failed

Discussion in 'Help' started by Dimrain, Oct 8, 2013.

Mods: makmoud98, Mazey
  1. Dimrain

Dimrain Catapult Fodder

This was a problem that happened for me a while ago during the alpha and I thought it would be fixed. But eventually forgot about it when school came back around. Then I remembered that this was awesome and wondered why I stopped playing. So I re-downloaded, logged in, and it gave me an error:
    Curl Error in getMyInfo(): SSL connect error
    I run this on MacOSX and this happened to me in the alpha as well, I really want help with this because this game is awesome and it looks like it's gotten so much better.

2. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

This will pretty much only happen if the date on your computer isn't set correctly, because it wont be able to verify the SSL certificate. Ensure that the time and date are set correctly on your computer and try again, I'll check this thread from time to time to troubleshoot if you like.

3. Dimrain

Dimrain Catapult Fodder

I've done that, it doesn't matter what computer I'm on. It just won't let me login for some reason. Would buying the premium in alpha have something to do with it? Thanks for the help by the way.

4. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

No worries

It shouldn't matter that you bought in alpha, a lot of the players here bought in alpha.
    Is the account you're posting from the one you want to use? Looking at it in the accounts database, there's nothing strange going on there.

Are you able to connect to https://kag2d.com ? (as opposed to http://kag2d.com ).
    The SSL failing in game should really only be due to either missing or wrong certificates (not likely if you just patched/downloaded your game), or your time being set wrong. :/

5. Dimrain

Dimrain Catapult Fodder

No idea, it worked up until a patch in alpha, and now doesn't work anymore. I guess I'll wait for it to come out on steam and see if it works on that.

Mods: makmoud98, Mazey