1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Community App Palette maker util [Unmaintained] 1.2

Tired of outdated and unclear palette files for your map? This simple tool can generate one for you!

Mods: Downburst, Mazey
  1. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

AsuMagic submitted a new resource:

Palette maker util - Tired of outdated and unclear palette files for your map? This simple tool can generate one for you!

Downloads and additionnal info

2. But but my palettes ;-;

3. Wargod-Loki

Wargod-Loki Haxor

This tool is amazing, very good job.
    downloaded and using :thumbs_up:

Asu likes this.
  4. kaizokuroof

kaizokuroof Agkubuk|'Kaizokuroof' Cilobakil, Roofpointy Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

Heya, might wanna mention it's an app built for windows. Any idea if it runs under WINE and or any chance of porting it to linux/mac? =)

Edit: If you haven't I'll see about booting it up under wine later (if I remember)

5. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

Yeah, indeed, it's a Windows app. Once it's built with GameMaker again, wine should run it fine.
    About linux/mac port, I'm not gonna buy GM:S that supports the export, because it'll just be a pain to port, and... Just look at the prices :s I might give a look *again* to enigma, but I didn't even figure how to export to Linux/Mac with it - While it supports it.

kaizokuroof likes this.
  6. kaizokuroof

kaizokuroof Agkubuk|'Kaizokuroof' Cilobakil, Roofpointy Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

Just want to say, awesome utility :D Very helpful. I Confirm the application runs under Debian 7 - Wheezy;

What I have tested:

- Launching of application
    - Generating a Pallete from a custom BasePNGLoader.as file

Installation instructions Debian 7 - Wheezy:
    1. Download the pallette maker to your destination folder of choosing
    2. Install WINE application
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install wine
    3. Install the neededd DLL files (I had to install the following and be advised you need 32bit libraries in your sources if running on 64 bit) ((Might not need to do this step on a different distribution))
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install libwine-gl:i386
    4. The application can now be run using the following terminal command from the palletmakers location
    Code:
    wine util_palettemaker.exe
    5. Enjoy the usefulness this tool has to offer.

*I did encounter some errors, but the functionality of the application worked fine, hope this helps :)

TheAverageMan and Asu like this.
Mods: Downburst, Mazey