1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Pie's workshop (sprite collection)

Discussion in 'Texture Packs' started by Piemaster, Sep 29, 2011.

1. Piemaster

Piemaster Shipwright

These skins are based around the fantasy realm written by Andrzej Sapkowski, specifically The Witcher. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Witcher

KAGpreview.jpg
    (Click on picture, then right click and view image in new window/tab for FULL RESOLUTION!!!)

Credits: Basically ALL of these sprites were made by im_a_turtle, TLC2011, bilbs, Major and the KAG dev team, I merely recolored and did minor edits them to fit them into my theme.

Folder with ALL my crap SO FAR: Faction symbols, sprites, tents etc. Keep in mind you will have to rename them to fit whatever team you want them to be on!
    DOWNLOADLINK: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19848838/Pies_Sprites_ &_stuff.zip

Brief Description of the different factions:

TEMERIA:
    The Kingdom of Temeria has silver lilies on a black background as its emblem. This powerful country has gained ever more influence in recent years under the wise rule of King Foltest. Across the Pontar River, the kingdom borders Redania. To the south and east it is hemmed in by mountain ranges, including Mahakam, the mainstay of dwarves and gnomes, past which lie the lands of Lyria and Aedrin. The capital of Temeria is Vizima, lying on the shore of Lake Vizima. The second largest city is Maribor. Temeria mints its own coin — the oren. The most widespread religions are the Cult of Melitele and the belief in the Eternal Fire. Temeria is home to the headquarters and many commanderies of the Order of the Flaming Rose.

KAEDWEN:
    The largest of the Northern Kingdoms with its capital at Ard Carraigh, Kaedwen has a cold and unforgiving climate. Its ruler, Henselt, quarrels frequently with the monarch of neighboring Aedirn. Kaedwen also shares borders with the kingdoms of Redania and Caingorn and with the duchies of Yspaden and Creyden. Portions of the Fiery Mountains, the Kestrel Mountains and the Blue Mountains run through the kingdom. The witcher's fortress of Kaer Morhen is located amidst the peaks of the latter range. Further south lies the land of the Free Elves, an enclave established by elves seeking refuge from centuries of warring with humans. Kaedwen's main cities are its capital and the city of Ban Ard, famous for its sorcery school.

NILFGAARD:
    The Nilfgaadian Empire is a powerful and ancient realm in the far south. Its capital is the city of Nilfgaard, located on the river Alba. The Empire arose through conquests, assimilating nearby kingdoms. Only the inhabitants of lands near the river Alba have the right to call themselves Nilfgaardians. A significant amount of elven blood runs in the veins of the people, while their language is a variant of the Elder Language. The Empire is aggressive and willingly invades neighboring lands. Its war with the Northern Kingdoms ended five years ago, yet in spite of the peace treaty, Nilfgaard has failed to give up its claims on the northern territories.

ORDER OF THE FLAMING ROSE:
    The Order of the Flaming Rose was established after the war with Nilfgaard by a charismatic leader, Jacques de Aldersberg, on the foundation of the deteriorating Order of the White Rose. De Aldersberg's aim was to protect the people from monsters and other threats, and to promote the belief in the Eternal Fire. The Order's headquarters are located in Vizima, with numerous commanderies spread across the whole of Temeria.

SCOIA'TAEL:
    The Scoia'tael are a group of elven and dwarven rebels fighting against the discrimination of nonhumans. They are divided into commando groups, or independent squads. Their protest against racism quickly turned violence. Scoia'tael rob merchant caravans, plunder and burn villages, and kill. Instead of finding a peaceful solution, humans send troops to fight them. Scoia'tael means 'squirrel' in elven and the name probably comes from the rebels' habit of attaching squirrel tails to their clothing.

DWARVES OF MAHAKAM:
    Mahakam is an autonomous region and a mountain range between the kingdoms of Temeria, Aedirn, Lyria and Sodden, inhabited by dwarves, gnomes and bobolaks. It is the biggest known exporter of iron and steel to the Northern Kingdoms and Nilfgaard and many mines, foundries, forges etc. are located there. Mahakam iron is famous for its quality and is considered to be the best in the world. Aside from its iron, Mahakam is famous for its weapons, forged using advanced gnomish technology. Formally, Mahakam is a fiefdom of Foltest, king of Temeria, but the Mahakam dwarves and gnomes maintain much independence, as any intervention would result in dwarves stopping the supply shipments and flooding the mines. The real authority in Mahakam is dwarven elder Brouver Hoog, who resides at Mount Carbon.

Wixmef, Croco, The_Khan and 11 others like this.
  2. laurentiu

laurentiu Ballista Bolt Thrower

You`ve got my like man, the sprites are very cool and interesting.

3. mishKa

mishKa Mayo for everybody. ┗┃・ ■ ・┃┛ Donator

That fur thing on the knight's shoulders is just luscious!;) Nice work man!

4. MrKaputtnik

MrKaputtnik Shopkeep Stealer

I just love your sprites, can't decide what I'm going to use.

5. Im_a_Turtle

Im_a_Turtle Haxor

Oh no!!! the viking sprites weren't finished bro! i needed to add more updated animations for the new build!!! i'll send you the updated versions on this post so you can redo a few of them

[​IMG][​IMG]

Ok there they are

6. tlc2011

tlc2011 Base Burner

Thanx for taking my shirt idea :D

7. Piemaster

Piemaster Shipwright

Thanks! :3

8. Im_a_Turtle

Im_a_Turtle Haxor

got the updated sprites on there, all you need to do is change a few colors

9. Piemaster

Piemaster Shipwright

Thanks brah

10. Nebuchadnezzar

Nebuchadnezzar Shopkeep Stealer

Instead of making a new post for every new nation it would be better to edit them into your OP. For added convenience you could include them all in one .zip or .rar. Just a suggestion, anyways, I'm really enjoying the Nilfgaard vs Kaedwen setup. Can't wait for more. By request do you think you could make a nation with a green and black color scheme at some point?

11. Piemaster

Piemaster Shipwright

I will tidy up my post and zip the files up for easy install in a bit. Too bad the site limits me to 10 images per posts :(. And yes I'm planning on doing a black color scheme for Kingdom of Aedirn

12. Piemaster

Piemaster Shipwright

DOWNLOAD LINK TO THE FOLDER WITH THE FINISHED SPRITES IS UP IN OP, ENJOY :3

13. trelawney

trelawney KAG Guard Tester

I will be trying them out, thanks.

14. MrKaputtnik

MrKaputtnik Shopkeep Stealer

The link doesn't work, I want to try the dwarves :3

15. Piemaster

Piemaster Shipwright

Link should be fixed now, Will be brewing up another kingdom soon, thanks for liking! :3

16. tlc2011

tlc2011 Base Burner

I have to admit, my builder-with-shirt idea was good, wasn't it...

Anyway, i see your Dwarves thread no longer has use...

May a forum admin/moderator please delete it, pie has dwarfs
    here

17. Eric

Eric Shark Slayer

Very nice, but no purple so no downloads.

18. baranok

baranok Shopkeep Stealer

NILFGAARD's knight looks very epic!

order of flaming rose's knight seems like vampire to me (perhaps because of colors), interesting