1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Play Shiprekt!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DevBlogger, Apr 9, 2014.

1. DevBlogger

DevBlogger KAG DevBlog Feed Bot

This is a full conversion mod for KAG. Our first idea was to make a simple top-down shooter like Asteroids. But what if you were free to build the ship from blocks? Furthermore what if these blocks were random like Tetris? Mix it with 2 other classics: Arcanoid and Bomberman and you’ve got Shiprekt.

We made this mod because we believe in making games that provide simple gameplay elements but combined with freedom and your creativity - bring an infinite possibility of action, total havoc and wreckage. In other words FUN.

Build Ships!

[​IMG]

Wreck the Enemy!

[​IMG]

How to get it?

Shiprekt is a mod for King Arthur’s Gold. If you’ve purchased KAG then just launch the servers browser and pick a blue server that has this mod on. If you don’t have KAG yet, get it here or on Steam.

How to Play:
    *Your Core (spawn) provides random parts
    *Use these parts to build your ship
    *Protect your Core
    *Destroy all other ships Cores
    *Avoid falling into water (ever watched Jaws?)
    *After losing your core you get switched to another team, this happens until there is one team left
    *(only) All players on the final surviving team get points - so play nice!

*[ WASD ] to move around
    *[ E ] when close to use ship components
    *[ SPACE ] rotates blocks while building.
    *[ LMB ] to punch boarders
    *[ SPACE ] releases all couplings (gray crosses) when sitting in a seat
    *[ SCROLL ] zoom in/out

(these keys apply by default only)

Have fun and let us know on forums what you think of the game.

Please share/tweet/facebook this link so more players come play!

Original DevBlog post.

Awesomer, Iamaclay, Noburu and 7 others like this.
  2. It is an awsome mod! Feels like a whole new game to be honest! Can't wait to see what other modders are gonna do with this new mechanic! Hope to see some crazy stuff ::P:

3. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

How to change slot amount in your server for shiprekt - tutorial

1. open Mods/Shiprekt/Rules/Common/Shiprekt.as
    2. edit "sv_maxplayers = 8" to "sv_maxplayers = 16" if you want to have 16 slots
    3. save
    4. run your server
    5. ?
    6. profit

Great mod, but you should add a way to erase bombs after they are placed (i hate noobs that place bombs near your core ;/)

4. SlayerSean

SlayerSean FYI: it's pronounced "seen"

Love the game, but I swear...driving...when you're in a team of 2 or more, and more than one person decides to drive, it's a pain. Because your "up" will be their "left" so when you're both pressing buttons your ship goes everywhere and ultimately gets blown up. *insert explosion here*

When you're team-mates don't listen, it gets difficult to accomplish anything. Especially difficult to accomplish keeping your ship together. :P But still, whatcha gunna do? Can't help that. :)

5. Frederikam

Frederikam Drill Rusher

I figured that out myself, but the game starts to kick out players, at the end of each game, when you have more than 8 players.
    Well I'm not sure. But the server does for sure kick out some players, when you change the slot count.
    Bombs are supposed to be in the way for your ship, blowing it into pieces :P

6. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

Great little mod. I wouldn't have minded you guys just releasing it as its own little separate game for like .99 cents on steam.

Free is great though. :wink:

JPD likes this.
  7. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

it doesn't crash for me, it was crashing only after i changed max slots in game; when you change max slots in-game with console, it will crash

How about making it not possible to place bombs 5 blocks around Core?

8. Frederikam

Frederikam Drill Rusher

The server does not crash, but some, if not all, players disconnect. I also didn't change the slot count by console, as you can't change scripts from the console.

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that the autoconfig.cfg and the shiprekt.as file's slot count setting conflicts or something like that, if the two values aren't equal.

9. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

i bought a 22 slot server for kag beta, and when i changed in Shiprekt sv_maxplayers to 16, the server changed to 16 slots, but i can change it to 22 if i want

10. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

I just thought; if all players on the final surviving team get points, and you switch teams upon core destruction until there is only one team, then does that mean that everyone gets points, always?

LadyHawk likes this.
  11. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

The members of the last team to get rekt (not the surviving one) don't get switched, because the game ends as soon as their core is destroyed.

So about half of the players get points each round. :gold:

12. Sir_Walter

Sir_Walter Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

Ahaha the person in the first gif reks themselves
    lrn2play devs :P

Also, I love how people are already calling eachother "noobs" in this gamemode
    everyone is a noob right now, basically

Iamaclay likes this.
  13. franek123

franek123 The architect of the royal castle. Donator Tester

I guess ill add something for the people for whom ramming is not enough.

How to build?
    It's not that hard! You just need some decuplers to put on your ship's front. Then attach some armor blocks/bombs to them and add engines (one is enough almost always, unless your torpedo is really big)
    How to use?
    Sail forward and press SPACE when you are ready to blast off your torpedos.

14. bergice

bergice Arsonist

Going to try this out at once. Looks very promising!

Wondering how many coffees this took to write?

15. Sir_Walter

Sir_Walter Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

my new strategy is to get moving early. Get a propeller at the back of the ship, then turn it on manually. Add things to the ramming end as you go. Worst comes to worst, you both get rekt, and you go on to rek more.

SlayerSean, FuzzyBlueBaron and 101i like this.
  16. Apronymous

Apronymous Bison Rider

screen-14-04-09-19-33-17.png
    My new strategy is to graft the refuse of failed attacks (and failed plans to attack) onto the main ship, then winning the endgame ram-fest through sheer bulk. In my experience attacks tend to leave more than they take when you don't account for the damage caused by colliding with the enemy remains.
    Incidentally, has anyone ever manage to get more than three colors of seat on a single boat?

JPD and Sir_Walter like this.
  17. JPD

JPD Shipwright

This is amazing! The only problem is that now every non-shipwrecked server is an abandoned ghost town.

101i and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  18. SlayerSean

SlayerSean FYI: it's pronounced "seen"

Similarly, I do the same. 2 back propellers (on each side (so it doesnt turn)), one propeller for each side, ram.

Also, was there an update to Shiprekt or something? When I first played, camera would not stop rotating. Annoyed the heck out of me. Now it's still. And I can't walk through walls any more. :P

19. Crabmaster

Crabmaster Bison Rider
    1. Zen Laboratories

Anyone have any suggestions on how I can up the framerate of this mod? After the ships on the map get to a certain size the game becomes unplayably low FPS for me.

Also are those islands in that screenshot? :eek:

20. Apronymous

Apronymous Bison Rider

No, I just turned my map on with M.
    You should try it some time, it does wonders.

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.