1. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

'Please check the address again and make sure the server is running.', with single player...

Discussion in 'General Help' started by Platoonsgt1, Mar 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Platoonsgt1

Platoonsgt1 Builder Stabber

I'm getting this error (Please check the address again and make sure the server is running) almost all of the time when I try to play single player, after the green word 'connecting...' has flashed for a while and all the terrain/buldings etc. have generated. Occasionally I don't get the problem and connect normally, but there's about a 1 in 30 chance of success.
    Are there any easy fixes that I've missed, or is this unheard of so far?
    I've had it since before this update, and nothings changed with it since then, and it makes it a real pain to try out the Zombie Survival mode. (It affects all the single player things, not just Zombie Survival)
    I searched the forums for the error, with 5 results all related to local multiplayer servers.
    I haven't had this problem when trying to connect to a multiplayer server, although I haven't tried to connect to a locally hosted one.

I'm not sure what additional information I should provide, as it doesn't crash the game and probobly won't create any sort of error file.

2. FliesLikeABrick

FliesLikeABrick THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Hi Platoonsgt1,

Do you have any 3rd party firewalls installed on your computer? (like as part of a "network security suite", usually bundled with antivirus software)

3. Platoonsgt1

Platoonsgt1 Builder Stabber

My dad put McAfee on it, if that's what your asking. I made sure it's status in the 'application list' is on allow, and not block.
    Do I need to allow Kag's ports as well, or might it be the router/modem?

Edit: Well, I seem to have fixed it by permitting the particular ports in McAfee :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.