1. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

"Please check the address again and make sure the server is running"

Discussion in 'Server Help' started by Nooblett, Apr 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nooblett

Nooblett Catapult Fodder

I've seen this all around the forums, but i can't fix my server... So here's the whole problem;

I made a server using "maqq's configuration tool" and used the default port given which is 50301 and everything looked ok and i started the server and all, logged onto a different computer to see if i could connect, i found my server on the list but when i tried to connect it displayed the message "Please check the address again and make sure the server is running." So how do i fix this? And if your going into details about forwarding ports and so on then explain it in newbie terms.

-AVG for internet security
    -Modem is a Bigpond Thomson TG782T (cable connected)

Any further information needed please ask and i'll try and find it.. Please help :(
    </br>--- merged: Apr 28, 2012 5:22 AM ---</br>
    I port forwarded and the problem still hasn't been fixed (assuming i forwarded right)? Please help :(

2. Cpt-Nanashi

Cpt-Nanashi Catapult Fodder

Press the "Connect to".
    Then type the"127.0.0.1:50301" into IP.
    You may be able connect to server if you running.

3. Nooblett

Nooblett Catapult Fodder

Naa i found out the problem, i just needed to forward all the ports which i didn't do, its working now. Thanks for the reply :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.