1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Possible to increase the size of sprite boxes?

Discussion in 'Texture Packs' started by Im_a_Turtle, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Im_a_Turtle

Im_a_Turtle Arsonist

Hello, im wondering if its possible to increase the size of the sprite boxes for the player models. I ask this because i'd like to mod the character sprites and add pikes, spears, long axes, long bows, crossbows, and maces , and whatever other medieval weapon that will come to my mind in the future.
    I can barely fit most of the new modded weapons on the model's boxes due to the sprites cramped size.

2. saniblues

saniblues KAG Guard Tester

Collisions are determined by the player's sprites (unless that changed in one of the updates) as opposed to using a rectangular hitmask, so that'd probably create some collision errors.

3. meissner61

meissner61 Guest

Well - i just tried to double the sprites size and of course the whole world looked screwed up. I am assuming the code is looking for specific sizes on the image - It will take alot of tinkering to figure out how to do this unless one of the devs could possibly Give us a heads up about changing the resolution of the art.

4. HA1TER

HA1TER Shopkeep Stealer

Found out anything??I want more frames for some things :s

5. Im_a_Turtle

Im_a_Turtle Arsonist

Still waiting on the developers to help, the only way i could enlarge stuff i by moving the model a few pixles to the left or right to fit a weapon :( but i found no way to increase the amount of sprite boxes since its hardtacked into the a hitbox and animation frames rate

6. HA1TER

HA1TER Shopkeep Stealer

well, i think we will not get any answer.
    I hope only that it is cause they dont read this stuff...