1. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Possible Troubleshooting

Discussion in 'General Help' started by bru-jaz, Aug 24, 2012.

1. bru-jaz

bru-jaz Haxor

Well,i start telling you what happened to me: I'd download Windows KAG 3 days ago from official page, it seemed that ran correctly but when i try to connect to online servers, only 1 had appeared.
    I ask for that in the chatroom and UnnamedPlayer tell me that could be because the "Beginner filtrer" (that wasnt) and also i could delete the VERSION.txt file, so KAG should download resources again. It works for then, the servers had appeared. But 4 minutes playing the BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH* shows in! I found on wikipedia in spanish (cause there is short info in english):
    I think the problem begins when i delete the Version.txt. But im not completely sure about that.
    So i'll trying complete-removing the KAG and re-installig it. If the servers dont appear, Fuck again. But my recomindation is to not delete the Version.txt and so don't let the system colapse.

For who dont know what it is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Screen_of_Death

2. FliesLikeABrick

FliesLikeABrick THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Hi Bru-jaz,

Deleting version.txt cannot cause blue screens. If you get a blue screen it means that one or more of your drivers should probably be updated (usually video drivers are the first thing you should check).

Deleting version.txt does nothing but force the game to check for updates - it will never cause a problem but it can help find existing ones. In your case the blue screen is 100% unrelated.

UnnamedPlayer likes this.
  3. bru-jaz

bru-jaz Haxor

Oh, please then, repeat me some clues to do so i can fix it. Because the "blue screen of death" says something of the video drivers, but it restart so fast and i cant read it. So, what do you recommend me? I enter the INVIDIA web page ? How can i test my drivers? -Sorry about my "noobness", and my crappy english too.

------
    Also, y really like the game, its interface, playing, and the most of all that is Free. So that i cant play it, or my computer restarts after 2 minutes playing makes me sad , because is a pretty fun game.

4. Cerbercre

Cerbercre Brolord 弟兄主 Donator
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

When you get another blue screen there should be some kind of code like
    0x000000 <-- something with a bunch of numbers and letters. copy that down and than look up the solution for it and you should be good.

5. bru-jaz

bru-jaz Haxor

i update my drivers using a program that search "useless dirvers" and update them. Now the computer dont reboot. But the problem is now this window with no title that says "sending crash report" and then give me options that i cant read (image 2).
    I dont know if is a problen with this server in particular, but it get really annoying when you are surviving and it close your game (also happen when the round restarts). screen crash.JPG screen crash2.JPG

By the way, the server is POUTINE FUN! Survival Human vs Zombies