1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Potentially mega awesome new adventure game from Ron Gilbert/Tim Schafer

Discussion in 'Other games' started by AnRK, Mar 10, 2012.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

Just wanted to whore this a bit cos there's only 3 days left on kickstart for it:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/66710809/double-fine-adventure

if this doesn't end up been a classic adventure game I'll be really fucking sore, really expecting something awesome considering these guys made day of the tentacle, monkey island, grim fandango etc. If you like lucasarts you'd be an idiot not to fling 15 dollars at this to get a cheap copy.

Ryu, BlueLuigi and Wonkyth like this.
  2. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

Thissa gonna be epic, gais!

3. This is the game that earned whole their budget in 4 days?

inactive_account likes this.
  4. Wonkyth

Less than that.
    Was fully funded in eight hours.

5. Oh, so the budget was around 400.000 dollars?
    I remember it was something with 4 :rollseyes:.

inactive_account likes this.
  6. Wonkyth

Yep, the budget was $400k, although they weren't exactly giving themselves loads to work with. Now, however, they should have enough to make it as awesome as they possibly can! ^__^

7. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I really wish I liked point and click games, if I did I'd be all over this.

8. Wonkyth

I didn't used to be much into them.
    Most of the ones I played were preeety much shit.
    Then I picked up a copy of Grim Fandango(not point & click, I know), and found it to be awesome.
    From there, I went on to learn my first programming on the Adventure Game Studio. As a part of that process, I have been exposed to many of the most amazing games I have ever played, including my current all-time-bestie, To The Moon.

9. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

Think you have to appreciate the idiocy of them, and the lateral thinking that you need for alot of the stupid puzzles. Well that's for the more traditional zany lucasarts one's anyway, there are some quality new point and clicks like machinarium that have alot of logic puzzles involved too. Have to be incredibly patient with them too cos it's frustrating as fuck when you can't work out some of the solutions, which is why the one's with a less linear progression are much better, so you at least have other stuff to work on while you figure bits out, full throttle was terrible for that, that and it was really disappointingly short...

To the moon looks fucking ace by the way.

Wonkyth likes this.
  10. Wonkyth

I good adventure game, if relying on mechanics, should be challenging, but at no point should it stump you.
    An adventure game doesn't have to be a challenge at all, however, it merely(wrong word entirely!) has to be enjoyable and enriching.
    To The Moon is a prime example of the latter: There isn't anything in it to which the scale of difficulty could even be applied.

Mods: BlueLuigi