1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Pre-built map

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Snow, Jun 3, 2011.

1. Snow

Snow Guest

I just started playing today, and discovered that you can easily edit the map png file. So I drew a castle and poof there it was (on my own random-generated map that was). I've read a few comments in game and one here, that there doesn't seem to be enough time to build structures before the gold limit is reached. What if you were on a server that always started with 2 pre built castles? You'd still have to mine the gold and the gold wouldn't be edited. After a while the castles or fortresses would be in pieces from tunnelling and re-building.. a server reset and there they are again. They wouldn't have to be fully built fortresses, more like a base structure that builders could add floors/rooms/weapons on to. Maybe somebody already did this, I dunno since I only played for an hour so far. :P All in all, this is a very interesting and awesome game. :)

2. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

I've already done this a few times :)

This is a competitive map I made a while ago.
    [​IMG]
    Should be compatible with the most recent version, but the little tunnels will be more fun with a line of sight system (which may or may not happen).

The gold in the middle makes for some interesting wars, especially with indoors catapults.

I'm keen to get a map editor going at some point, as well as a map archive like N's NUMA.

3. Snow

Snow Guest

Very cool. :D

4. Fructdw

Fructdw Shopkeep Stealer

[​IMG]
    NAME: fdw_two_mountains.png
    AUTHOR: Fructdw
    WIDTH: 256 px
    HEIGHT: 128 px
    SIZE: 6 kb
    MORE INFO: Great for 16-24 players

5. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Wow, I'm gonna take a look at making maps too if and when I get KAG to work :)

6. bilbs

bilbs Guest

Map making in this game is what I'm most excited for!
    So many possibilities to make interesting head-to-head situations.

7. Drin

Drin Guest

Now if only some servers started tossing up custom maps with prebuilt forts/tunnels and the like. Be sweet to tunnel fight with other knights from the word go.

8. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

[​IMG]

This castle was basically done by hand, but I added the PNG bit in the corner so you can add it to your maps if you like. :)

Credits to Azukki, Cornerphile, Dragonxp, myself and anyone I may have missed. Anti credits to David Rodrigov who kept smashing it up when suicide-stacked bombs when no one was around.

9. saniblues

saniblues KAG Guard Tester

Oh, people finally figured this out? I've been drawing faces all over my maps :p

10. bilbs

bilbs Guest

I think it's been pretty apparent from the beginning Sani haha

There was an issue with maps not loading after they've been modified in paint though. (windows 7 paint)

If you load the images you have edited in paint with ifranviewer, then batch convert them back into .pngs (the format they're already in) it will allow you to run them through your server again.

11. saniblues

Requesting a map of Morgan Freeman's head.

12. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

This is because W7's paint destroys any indexed images palette, converting it silently to RGB raster (24bit? whatever) and screwing with the colours a little. Using older versions of paint or just about any other image editing software (GIMP, PhotoShop, Paint.NET, etc) gets around the issue.

13. saniblues

MT Paint is a wonderful editor that allows you to zoom in 1600%+

14. Geti

Playing the smaller map above was pretty hectic with 32 or so people in Shoozza's server today. It highlighted a few issues with the map, but regardless I'm keen to make a small map-pack over the next few days, stay tuned (server owners especially ;) ).

15. poe

poe Shopkeep Stealer

I'll try and whip up a map editor tomorrow with Visual C#(It will only work for windows users, maybe on wine)

16. bilbs

bilbs Guest

Thank you! This program is wonderful for map editing.
    Even creates a color palette with only the colors you need when you open one of the test maps with it.

Here's a map I just whipped up with MT Paint
    I edited the gamerules files along with it.
    You need 90% of the gold to win, and the only gold on the maps are the bags.

[​IMG]
    Full size:http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/2197/sewersmap.jpg

17. Geti

A small map pack.

Mount Sterling - All the gold is in the middle which should make for a good amount of competition rather than base-digging.
    [​IMG]

AlmostFlatlands - "True" flatlands was tested on DRLFF's private server a while ago and I hated it, here's a slightly more interesting take on it.
    [​IMG]

The first map, tweaked a little and with the bugs fixed.
    [​IMG]

Please host these and tell me how it works out :)

18. B3NW

B3NW Guest

Yeah I started work on a custom map a few days ago. I'd really like to see a RGB colour which allows ladders on a back wall, ditto with spawn and the ability to add catapults.

I started work on a file with all the colours allowed in, but I got bored. Anyone by any chance got one?

19. bilbs

bilbs Guest

Yeah the ladder placement looks a bit strange, but it functions all the same.

Anyone figured out how to place a catapult?

20. Roast Veg

Roast Veg Guest

Seems you can't yet.