1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KAG Premium vs free (Features)

Discussion in 'Help' started by pink_waters, Jan 8, 2015.

Mods: makmoud98, Mazey
  1. pink_waters

pink_waters Catapult Fodder

Hi guys, I am alittle confused here.
    I downloaded from the site KAG (not the classic) and I can play and everything normal.
    So I am wondering what is the difference between playing with a free account and a paid account?

2. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

With a free account, you only can play Classic or Release solo.
    With a paid account, you can play to both, but also Release multiplayer.

pink_waters and PUNK123 like this.
  3. pink_waters

how about playing release on a dedicated server (hosting/joining) ?

4. you can host, not sure about joining

5. wilpin7

wilpin7 Lewd~ Donator
    1. KAG Competitive League

Also, premium accounts support the devs.

And you get a few points on the forum, hehe ... that's always nice.
    Not sure about the joining/hosting thing though.

6. pink_waters

if anybody can clarify if joining/hosting dedicated server works on release with a free account

7. blackjoker77777

blackjoker77777 Haxor Tester
    1. Zen Laboratories

I use a dedicated server to play with my brother (using LAN) ,my brother have a normal account.So you can host a dedicated server,join it,your brothers can join you using LAN (WITHOUT being PREMIUM) besides the players with GOLD account still can join your server to join you if you choose to do so.If you need anything else just PM me and I will try to help you in your server ;)

Pizza likes this.
  8. pink_waters

Thanks alot for your clarification. I tried and it worked!
    I have a question though, I am trying to play it sandboxed like terraria. but I see no game save option. is this normal or the way it is meant to be played ?

9. blackjoker77777

1. Zen Laboratories

First I am happy it worked for you ::):, second sorry but in KAG beta there is no savegame option because it is a made to be a multiplayer competitive game (which explains why it doesn't need savegame files), I guess you meant to ask how to save maps right? actually, you can't save maps in-game but you can always make your new maps using paint or paint.net or other painting programs and then draw the map (it should be .png)
    and then add it to the mapcycle or while in-game just press the Home button to bring up the console the write this in it
    /rcon /sv_loadmap *** (Change those "***" with the map name <without extension>)
    eg: /rcon /sv_loadmap thesea (this will load the "thesea" map)
    upload_2015-1-9_0-15-54.png
    EDIT:there is always the KAG classic bro(but the Beta is way better),you can join servers there and also you can savemaps in-game (I guess using /savemap ***).

Last edited: Jan 8, 2015
    pink_waters, 101i and Pizza like this.
  10. wilpin7

wilpin7 Lewd~ Donator
    1. KAG Competitive League

One does not simply mention KAG's sandbox mode. It's a land of horribleness and disasters, waiting for you to walk into it so an endless horde of griefers and random-killers can destroy your hopes and dreams.
    7/10, enjoy quite a lot.

pink_waters likes this.
  11. pink_waters

12. blackjoker77777

1. Zen Laboratories

np bro,glad I helped you :) if you ever need anything just PM me and I will try my best to help you ;).

Mods: makmoud98, Mazey