1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Priority Override

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by NinjaCell, May 29, 2014.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. NinjaCell

NinjaCell Haxor

There is apparently already a item priority thread, but the link is broken and I can't find it. This idea is also slightly different. I also wanted to use this awesome title.

One of the most annoying things in KAG is not picking up bomb arrows or other spec arrows that are on the ground due to a full inventory of arrows especially when you just bought them. And regular arrows are everywhere, so your inventory will be filled quickly enough.

My suggestion is thus: Spec arrows will automatically replace regular arrows in your inventory if you walk over them.

Spec arrows are not too common on the ground, so I doubt they would cause many problems by overrunning your inventory. In any case you can see them pretty easily, to avoid them if need be, and the real hassle comes from sorting your inventory to pick them up.

2. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

It's not a huge problem.

Please add a poll so I can vote NO!

3. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

It may replace all the regular arrows in your inventory which can be more annoying than useful. The devs just need to fix the pickup priority when using c so you don't pick up regular arrows over tipped arrows.

4. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

You dont.
    [​IMG]
    This is a scale for the "perceived distance" of the pickup. Normal arrows are taken after special arrows at the same distance.

There's no way to do this that it "automatically knows" what you want. Getting close to the correct object is the only sure-fire way.

Scales can be adjusted if you want but "hue hue devs just need to fix broken X" with no solution or worse, literally suggesting the current behaviour doesn't make for a productive discussion.

We had it modified by your mouse position at some point but people complained that wasn't clear either.

You also only "auto pick up" a maximum of 60 normal arrows by walking over them.

5. epsilon

1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

Since I don't understand coding I cannot go into the game files and look at how things exactly work and therefore can't suggest a proper solution. It's just sometimes if there's normal arrows and tipped arrows sitting basically at the same place and it prioritises regular since it must be very slightly closer to me. Please clarify if what I'm saying is still incorrect.

And yes I think it would be good if the scales were changed a bit so there's more of a chance to pick up tipped arrows if regular and tipped arrows are sitting very close together (if that's how it works).

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
  6. mcrifel

mcrifel Haxor Staff Alumni Tester
    1. MIST

why are you going around reviving a lot of suggestion threads. Also what would be cool is if at your settings you can customize which items get priority. (but probably too much work for something simple as always)

7. epsilon

1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

I'm reviving the ones that went unnoticed and haven't been changed/locked/implemented. Some of the old suggestions are still quite good.

8. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

It could be done with a config file that you could edit, but seems like the kind of thing that would be used by one guy and never again :/ The GUI changes from norill were never pulled in unfortunately (moves menus to scripts, but has issues with file loading/crashing) so more menus isn't an attractive prospect.

Mods: Rainbows