1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Problems with rcon

Discussion in 'Server Help' started by Konfitur, May 20, 2013.

1. Konfitur

Konfitur Haxor

Hacking my server rcon and using it to destroy server deserves global ban ? :p

//Moved to server help. ~ Hella

2. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

Yes, hacking is hacking. Rather use editor and put everything in the air, add one ladder to it and let it fall.

3. Konfitur

Konfitur Haxor

Sorry sir, I mean that 2 random players came to my server, login to rcon, and started playing with it (/nextmap /restartmap).

4. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

How did they get that rcon? Don't use rcon but seclevs. And admin abuse (if you gave the rcon) is not global bannable.

5. Konfitur

Konfitur Haxor

It's getting offtopic, but I have really no idea how they/he ('cause these was nonpremium accounts) get the password. I'm the only one person who know it. I've already removed login commands from non-admin players, but I also used seclevs before.

6. Mazey

It looks like they hacked the pass or sth weird they probably can get banned but how to prove?

7. Konfitur

Konfitur Haxor

I am owner of the server, and did not give password to anyone. Also saw them first time on screenshots, did by Sier, who can see when someone is using rcon commands (on chat). I have also logs. So they did it, but I "did not give admin to them" - as I said, random accounts. Anyway they'd gonna have new ones, just asking.

8. Sier

Sier Arsonist

I can provide the proof :p

9. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Then provide the proof...

10. Sier

Sier Arsonist

screen-13-05-20-18-35-18.png screen-13-05-20-19-14-31.png These are the 2 guys that i saw yesterday. (See in the chat)

11. Downburst

ok but how do you know the pass didnt leak?
    or you actually just have the wrong seclevs

12. Sier

Sier Arsonist

Konfitur mentioned that he is the only person that knows the pass

13. Downburst

So you are no admin? Could you try to /nextmap?

14. Sier

Sier Arsonist

He made me an admin without telling the pass. If you don't know what I'm talking about, let Konfitur explain.

15. Downburst

I do, but I guess we can't do anything about this unless you provide a way to replicate this.

16. Konfitur

Konfitur Haxor

Ow, that's my bad. I've fixed it: they weren't using rcon through console, they were mods because mod.cfg was after normal.cfg in seclevs.cfg file and both of them have "roles = " (blank), so they were mods, because that was the last seclev in the list.
    Anyway thanks for help.