1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

CTF Punk Eater [REJECTED]

Discussion in 'Rejected Maps' started by Dark_Kingdom, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Dark_Kingdom

Dark_Kingdom Arsonist

Map name: Punk Eater
    Gamemode: CTF
    Symmetrical: Yes
    Special features: The colors are actually right this time.
    Map: Mini Phase2 map.png

Phase 2 map.png

I had an erotic dream about Princess @Geti which gave me mystical map-making powers.

2. Clev

Clev Resident Stoner Staff Alumni Donator Tester

Love it.

3. an_obamanation

an_obamanation The boss Donator

Looks great, and the consuming of punks is a ritual I approve of. It also looks like it'd be fun to play on.

Only problem is uh, i'm either colorblind and seeing blues as reds, or you set blue team's flags and spawns as red.

joshua12131415 and Clev like this.
  4. Dark_Kingdom

Dark_Kingdom Arsonist

Whups, wasn't paying attention when I did that ;-;
    I'll fix it in a bit

an_obamanation likes this.
  5. Clev

Clev Resident Stoner Staff Alumni Donator Tester

Dammit Terri, that's why I loved it.

an_obamanation likes this.
  6. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

This map is illegal in canada

BarsukEughen555 likes this.
  7. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

This map looks like it's gonna be stalemate galore. If one team has a good offensive builder they will just fortify the whole centre.
    This is a drastic improvement compared with your first map ::D:. Great job!

8. mcrifel

mcrifel Haxor Staff Alumni Tester
    1. MIST

The map looks cool as a png but the placement of blocks seem very random and there is no surface stone at the start unless you go down to the cave. Also a bit too much gold and not really in keen places, again very random placements. Also as @eps0003 said, this map is going to be a stalemate fest, the mid can be easily fortified and almost unable to taken back since there is a pit and a height advantage, also a ballista and catapult would be absolutely overpowered in the middle. But besides that the map is stunning to look at and has a very good concept.

9. _Cuffs_

_Cuffs_ Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

If the middle has all the advantageous properties that you sugest then that should lend to less stalemates as the winning team would snowball upon winning mid. I think a map needs testing to actually pass the ol' "it's too stalematey" judgement.

In my opinion this map looks like it could lead to some pretty interesting matches.

Clev and Magmus like this.
  10. mcrifel

1. MIST

I meant the middle pit but yeah if you have the middle of the map then it won't be a stalemate since the siege spam will be too strong.

Clev likes this.
  11. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

6 months later, still not fixed.

BarsukEughen555 likes this.
  12. mcrifel

1. MIST

Colors are messed up, way too much gold, stone placement seems random and with little thought, mid is more 2 mids and with the gap in the middle it will make it hard to capture all of it as a team, this makes it hard to get past the middle an thus creates stalemates. Especially if the back flag is pretty far back. I also don't get the flags at mid they seem a bit pointless. All in all this map has a lot of flaws.

Rejected