1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

PUNK123

Discussion in 'For Forum Mods (closed)' started by PUNK123, Jun 29, 2017.

1. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

I was not expecting this to happen today, and actually had a plan on annoying geti to open up this section(it involved utilizing his his custom title of "Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead)" to open up a snarky pm saying I couldn't open up a pm with the map moderator because he is dead and I dont want to poke a corpse(im not into necrophilia). That doesn't have to happen now since galen opened up the apps himself, so let me get into why I feel like I'm qualified for the job.

First, when it comes to accepting applications in an area that you have applied(mapping) what you need to answer immediately is do you have a conflict of interest. The answer is obviously yes, i feel like my maps are special in their own way when compared to others, but i will add the infinitely important caveat that i am aware of my narcissism and will not let it get in the way. I would probably be harder on my own applications, because i am aware that the map moderator has less barriers to getting maps onto official.

Second, i think im the most qualified because i realize that each mapper has their own vision on how a map ought to be made and how it should play out. I think a very important part of map moderating is trying to understand what the applicant wanted from their map and how they envisioned it playing out(because a lack of res could very well not be a mistake but a creative counter to some cancerous tunnelling). I understand that there isnt a perfect set of guidelines to a map, but that there is a malleable combination of things that can make a map work or fail.

Third, I have almost a year's worth of activity submitting maps to the application subsection and that shows that im consistently available. Speaking specifically of the subsection i feel like it'd be better to have multiple moderators both because there is a large backlog and because it isnt fair for content creators to have to wait several hours/days to have their maps be seen by the community. Ive been annoyed several times when i had to wait for my map to be visible to the entire forum and i feel like multiple moderators would solve that.

Finally, i feel like im qualified for moderator in the map application subsection because i want a good map pool as much as everyone else does.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2017
    an_obamanation, Cohen, Biurza and 3 others like this.
  2. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

I'd like to "+1" (liking the post is not enough) as Punk stands out most from all the people who applied. He is very passionate about mapmaking and knows a lot of stuff. He's always open to feedback and knows what he wants to do when he makes a map. He made most maps for the section from everyone who submitted and definitely deserves to be a mod - I think it'd be unfair if he would get rejected only because he made tons of map for there.

3. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

Not really. It'd be unfair because he's probably one of the most apt guy that applied here.
    (+1)

PUNK123 likes this.
  4. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Accepted.