1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Question about Zombie Fortress in Build 228

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ockpii, Aug 7, 2015.

1. ockpii

ockpii Horde Gibber

Hey, guys. I've been searching for a solution to this problem, but I can't seem to be able to find anything that helps me. I've even tried different installs from Build 220 and 228, but no dice.

Anyway, here's the problem. Off a fresh install of any of those builds, it seems like they have no Zombie Fortress maps. They just load a blank blue area with nothing else on it. However, if you go into, say, Sandbox mode, it keeps that map and *tries* to use it for ZF. That's no good.

Luckily, last year I was able to download a fully functional Build 228. However, for some reason, now it's bugged out - there is no more shadow underground. Everything is fully lit by the sun, and then everything gets fully dark when it's nighttime.

So I was wondering if anyone knew how to fix this odd lighting error, or if someone would be willing to send me a clean working Base folder.

Thanks for your time!

EDIT: FIXED; Edit gamemode.cfg in Rules and add this wherever "no_shadowing = no"
    Thanks, Cirom ^^

Last edited: Aug 7, 2015
    Horse_That_Goes_Ni likes this.
  2. Horse_That_Goes_Ni

Horse_That_Goes_Ni Your favorite Persian Staff Alumni Donator

ockpii! Love your vids man, it's what helped me make the decision to buy kag! ::):

PanduhsFTW and AmestriStephen like this.