1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Questions about tweaking singleplayer.

Discussion in 'General Help' started by ComboBreaker, Apr 8, 2012.

1. ComboBreaker

ComboBreaker Horde Gibber

I'd liike to test out kegs and boulders,how well they work with each other,train myself with launching kegs with catapults etc.

I want to test it in single player,not in multiplayer not to spoil fun for other people.

So here are questions :
    -How to turn off zombies in zombie mode?Sounds silly,but you cant get access to kegs in sandbox,and zombies can be a real headache when you are in the middle of testing.
    -How to tweak day/night changes?
    -Is there a way to change starting ammount of coins?It sucks when you have to dig stone to get cash.

2. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

As far as I know, you can just at the very least limit the amount of zombies that spawn by going to the ZombieDirector.cfg in the Base/Entities/Managers. There's a line there: s32_max_zombies_spawned = 100

Not sure if 0 will work, but if it doesn't, you can set it to 1 and just trap the zombie in bedrock. You can also remove which types of zombies spawn by removing them from this list:
    @$_entitys = Entities/Actors/Zombie.cfg, 2;
    Entities/Actors/Skeleton.cfg, 1;
    Entities/Actors/Wraith.cfg, 25;
    Entities/Actors/ZombieKnight.cfg, 30;
    Entities/Actors/Greg.cfg, 50;

The numbers represents the chance of them spawning, the lower it is, the higher the chance or something.

You can't set yourself to start with coins, but you can make everything free by going to zombiemode.cfg

You'll see lines like this:
    keg; keg; Entities/Items/Keg.cfg; Entities/Items/Sprites/Keg.png; Entities/Rooms/Sounds/BombMake.ogg; 0; 16; Buy me to demolish castles!; c30;

As shown at the very end, the cost of a keg is 30 coins. You can just remove it to make it free (you'll still need the semicolon though)

Lastly, you can change how long a day/night cycle lasts.
    In the zombie survival gamemode.cfg, there are these lines:
    daycycle_speed = 6# 1 day = (daycycle_speed) minutes; / 0 no cycle
    daycycle_start = 0.33 # 0.0 midnight; 0.5 - midday; 1.0 midnight

Change them as you need.

Don't forget to back up your files though.

FliesLikeABrick and ComboBreaker like this.
  3. ComboBreaker

ComboBreaker Horde Gibber

Thanks a lot.I'll try it out now.

Edit:
    It worked,thanks.First thing I've done was placing Kegs everywhere and sacrificing myself to the keg god.
    Then I've made max ammount of zeds 1 and had 5 epic fights 1v1 versus Zknight(I've set his probability of appearing 1).Makes up for a good training for those "oh crap" moments.Zknights are not that scary up close ^^

The exact name of the file which you should tweak to make kegs,lanterns,etc. free is "Zombie_Room.cfg",its located in Rooms.

FliesLikeABrick likes this.