1. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Random bans on servers

Discussion in 'General Help' started by Baratheon, Dec 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baratheon

Baratheon Shipwright

Curious to know if this is a bug, I'm currently awaiting responses from said server admins to find out.

Although in the mean time I was curious if this has happened to anyone else? I never tend to talk in game, nor do I build so griefing tends to be out the question and my ping on the servers.
    I play on (One of which is Beo's CTF server) never tends to go over 120.

I'm hoping to hear from the server admins at some point to see if I did do anything with out realising in which case, I'll gladly accept the ban.

~Baratheon

2. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

You have have been auto kicked by the server for a ping spike.
    You can either wait til the server is restarted(clearing all bans), or request an unban in the server thread.

3. Thought the title said "Rambo bans on servers" and I was like WTF?! but yeah the lag kicks you out of the server

4. Baratheon

Baratheon Shipwright

Bit of an update, I've tried joining a few servers this afternoon and I'm still getting the problem "You're banned on this server" When ever trying to joing remotely any server.

5. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Is it always the same server? You can get banned for ping or other things very often, if it's the Action! Unlimited servers this seems to happen and the only solution is to restart the servers, if it is let me know.

6. Baratheon

Baratheon Shipwright

Actually, it's most servers now, last night it was only a few. Now I can hardly connect to any server with out the "You are banned from this server".

7. Hallic

Hallic Haxor

hey i got this too.
    it started with the new build.
    i always have a good ping(\ most of the time ping 33 or something)
    It seems to be its an auto kick, i have tried connecting to different servers but they do the same.

The actually time span before the kick varies from a minute to 15 minutes.

also this new build is giving me frame drops:(

also, sometimes i hear the victory horn and then get disconnected

8. Knighthart

Knighthart is love Donator

Since the new build I've sometimes had the problem of connection with a ping of <66 and being kicked instantly.
    No idea what the hell that is about.

9. Foxodi

Foxodi KAG Guard Tester

That would be the new speed hacking detection system

10. Knighthart

Then it seems that it breaks more than it fixes.

Hallic and BlueLuigi like this.
  11. Baratheon

Baratheon Shipwright

My problem is actually fixed, I should of posted back on this to stop random ramblings this is the only thing I could do:

Talk to an admin of the server (usually via IRC) and explain your situation, in most cases for me it was a permanent ping ban which can be caused by latency or FPS drops which has nothing to do with this apparent 'Speed hacking detection' the only system in play is to kick laggy players. (I say apparent, because I've seen no sign of it and I've always had to call a guard)

12. Knighthart

I had no permanent ban.
    I was kicked the second I entered.

13. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

Locked. Problem was solved long time ago.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.