1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Ranged attacks

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FinDude, Jun 25, 2011.

1. FinDude

FinDude KAG Guard Tester

A few ideas:

A charge bar, so you can to some degree estimate your shots.
    Here's a mockup:
    [​IMG]
    Same for catapult.

Secondly, a minimum launch speed.
    Especially for a catapult, this would prevent accidental waste/unneeded carnage (as if there ever was any)

2. Snow

Snow Guest

I believe Geti said it was planned. There is even a color bar png in the sprites folder.

3. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

Why to add new bar when one could use for this name tag?

4. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

I would definitely like an option to turn that off. The sound of the bow, or even just remembering how long it takes to charge up is more than enough. I think a chargeup bar would be unsightly and draw focus away from the things you need to be looking at (enemies and stuff).

5. Benata

Benata Guest

There should be a button for the last shots force used, for catapults.

6. Overlord

Overlord KAG Guard Tester

The bar should be on the cursor.

7. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

I don't like this very much either. I don't think we need hand-holding mechanics.

8. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

I disagree wholeheartedly with this. I think that the skills are the way to go.

Of course this would be EASIER, but I don't think it should be, as it would take the game to a less-hardcore way, and at this state it's far from hardcore game, and taking it even less away would be bad :)

But I'd agree with this if there were hardcore mode, where you don't see the bar (and there are fog and lof, fall damage and stamina), but in 'normal' you do.

9. FinDude

FinDude KAG Guard Tester

The meter I drafted only has five notches, as opposed to the float scalar that the actual weapons use. There would still be room for personal tweaking.

10. Fellere825

Fellere825 KAG Guard Tester

I believe that with any implementation of add ons such as these should be up to each player's own discretion.

11. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

Personally I don't feel it is hand-holding. After all the bar really doesn't give much away. All it helps with is making sure you fire at the same power you did last shot. Calculating the angle and actually how powerful you want the shot (especially for arrow rain shots) is still necessary. As for full power shots, it wouldn't change much. I like the idea because it wouldn't make experts that much more powerful (they don't need to be) but beginners have some guidance with it but it doesn't spoon feed them at all.