1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Rapid Deathmatch [RDM]

Discussion in 'Game modes' started by Shadlington, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Shadlington

Shadlington THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Rapid Deathmatch is a very simple game mode.
    The key 2 features are no respawns and instant game start.

Additional options I find useful:
    • No builders
    • Small, preferably designed (i.e. not generated) maps
    • All classes start with some arrows (so archers can restock from successful kills)
    • The game plays well (but different) whether or not you give knights bombs - experiment!
    For anyone wanting to mess around with the settings on their own servers, here are the game mode files:
    gamemode.cfg
    team1.cfg
    team2.cfg
    knight.cfg
    archer.cfg

Be careful, gamemode.cfg, team1.cfg and team2.cfg all have references to the game mode directory. So either put these files in Base/Rules/RDM or be sure to rename these references to the correct directory!
    Also, don't forget to select your new game mode directory in dedicated_autostart.gm!

Check out the maps forum and look for the [TDM] tag for relevant maps!

If you want to test it out, I generally have my Rapid Deathmatch server running most of the time.

Foxodi, illu, Noburu and 2 others like this.
  2. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

www.hostedgameservers.com is what I use. Cheap and very easy to setup.

3. Eden

Eden Galen Slayer Donator

Host a dedicated server, http://kag2d.com/en/download Go to that page, Download the Linux Server software(Works with Window's), Set it up and run it, you cna search the KAG forums for a "how-to" guide to setup the server, Or just search on Youtube, or you can use Maqq's server software installer thing, search it on KAG forums, his software does it for you, Deidcated server's in my Opinion are better then the hosted ones like Noburu's, you have to pay for those server's, Dedicacted server's using the software i said, is all free.

kbai