1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Recent downtime

Discussion in 'Forum, wiki and other THD pages' started by Furai, Jun 30, 2016.

Mods: dnmr, Kazaco97
  1. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

Hey,

I thought that I'll write something here, mostly because I want to test if it works properly and to give you some status update.

I'm aware that not everyone follows steam news or anything in general. There was a post about what has happened recently to THD.

I guess that's all from me. Back to work. For past 4 days I've slept around 16h. Still a lot to do. I like the learning experience.

EDIT: I'm not on my own in this adventure. Big thanks to @jrgp who makes it all possible and works like crazy.

Cheers,
    Furai

Last edited: Jun 30, 2016
  2. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

Its good that everything is being sorted. Thank you for all the work you have done.
    I have also noticed some latency in the servers, but the link provided in your post explains it.

3. Psiklaw

Psiklaw Bison Rider

Good luck with the fixes and I hope it wasn't too problematic. Was the it the infamous hacker known as 4chan responsible?

an_obamanation likes this.
  4. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Thanks for your work, time and dedication THD guys.

You know, during these days we couldn't play KAG I was able to do things I needed to do: I found a job, I met a half indian half japanese woman, I visited her family in both countries and we married somewhere near Mongolia. I read both the Bible and The Lord of The Rings, but I also read Game Of Thrones and I prefer the latter. I got to play with my old GameBoy console, me and a friend of mine won a Tetris competition in Russia against a bunch of smelly old men and a young one-eyed kid. I also got to travel a lot, I started to believe in God again, but a couple of hours after talking to a bartender in Stockholm I got myself into Greek Polytheism, again. I got to finish my homework from 10 years ago, then I graduated cum laude in Physics at a shady University near the frontier of Watombo. I ate an octopus alive. I saved a kid from drowning in the North Sea, eventhough the water was freezed. Me and Rahjlazla Yamoto borrowed a small boat and crossed the Mediterranean from one edge to the other. I also got to develop my own brand of Wine, somwhere in California, then I moved to Texas because I had an incredible need of riding animals at a rodeo. I made tests to enter a Motocyclism team, but they rejected me as they couldn't believe how fast I was. I bought myself a massage bed, Rahj and I had some children, I discovered a cure to cancer, I learnt how to speak a language with accent from different dead languages. I made a movie, performed live with The Who, lead the world's most important politicians into a friendly football match against common villains and terrorists, and I ate 92 hot dogs in less than 15 minutes.

To sum up, I'm happy to see this rolling and working. You guys know we're here with you and have our support.

Noburu, Asu, FuzzyBlueBaron and 17 others like this.
  5. Furai

Guys, don't forget to give love to jrgp! He's the man!

6. Furai

7. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

This move has been exhausting, but much worse for our sysadmins than for me. Big thanks to both @jrgp and @Furai for the long hours put into this. Glad to see the forum working again.

8. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

I'm glad to have everything back as well! I don't know a lot about ddossing but it seems so scummy and I feel bad that anyone has to deal with that.

9. SirDangalang

SirDangalang Lvl. 128 MissingNo. Donator

I just imagine Furai and Jrgp as Frankenstien and Igor trying to reanimate the glorious monstrosrity that is this forum. Literally all thunder claps, labcoats and twirly mustaches. :smug:

Well done guys! Happy to have this thing back:heart::r_flex:

epsilon likes this.
Mods: dnmr, Kazaco97