1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KAG Reconfigure "open chat" key

Discussion in 'Help' started by Bonum, Dec 4, 2013.

Mods: makmoud98, Mazey
  1. Bonum

Bonum Catapult Fodder

I want to reconfigure the key to open chat, T. This was the issue that caused me to quit the first time I tried the game. That was beta, but now it's a game I've paid for so I am a bit more determined to get it fixed.

Like I explained in my previous post, I have tried editing the file autoconfig.cfg, changing the variable "cc_key" but the changes don't stick (original post: https://forum.kag2d.com/threads/questions-post-here.6129/page-22#post-198849).

Does anyone have any suggestions?

edit: this is the same issue: https://forum.kag2d.com/threads/unr...lems-on-non-qwerty-layouts.17185/#post-251967
    (no solution there though).

Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
  2. Piano

Piano Haxor

While in game:
    1: Press Esc
    2: Click Options
    3: Click Controls
    4: Scroll down until you find chat
    5: Change.
    6: ???
    7: Profit

3. Bonum

Bonum Catapult Fodder

Do you mean this menu? There is no chat key listed there.

[​IMG]

4. Piano

Piano Haxor

Uhh... Nevermind then
    why is your move right key set as t

5. Bonum

Bonum Catapult Fodder

Those keys are in the same place as ESDF on a normal keyboard, I use a colemak layout.

6. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

7. Bonum

Bonum Catapult Fodder

Yep, thanks.

The update did something else though, "[added] keys cannot be overlapped and cannot use system keys (tab,chat,function,home)".

That means now I can't use the R key. Gah! As you can see in the screenshot above, this was possible earlier. I need to rebind R first, but I have no idea what it does or where it is defined. I have searched through all the config files I could find for "82", the code for R.

Mods: makmoud98, Mazey