1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Red Team texture pack [Spartaaaaa!]

Discussion in 'Texture Packs' started by Gaunt13, Jun 14, 2011.

1. Gaunt13

Gaunt13 Guest

This is my Texture pack for the red team under the theme of ancient Greece , or in particular "Sparta!"
    i have been sure not to mess about with any of the hit-boxe areas except on the Feather part ontop of the helmets because lets face it. If i got shot in the feathers and died i would be pretty ticked!

-the Tent is used from Bilbs 'Red team' texture pack

-i couldn't think of a good miner skin what would tie in with the theme

[​IMG]

Soldier
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/560/knight2.png/

Archer
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/64/archer2c.png/

Tent
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/806/tent2.png/

this will all be subject to change and suggestions so by all means, constructive criticism is fine! just remember its my first go

hans_02 likes this.
  2. HA1TER

HA1TER Shopkeep Stealer

Well,i would not be able even to make a one pixel to look like one pixel,but i think that you need some outlines cause in game it seems like they have huge helmets and heads XD But,you moved your arse and you have create something! That is good enough :)

3. NotAName

NotAName Guest

Looks like you used the brush tool, and also you deviated way too far from the original sprites, you can see the name in the sprite.
    Sorry, this needs work.

4. Gaunt13

Gaunt13 Guest

yes haha i will do that first thing i did think about that

cheeky, i made these pixel by pixel and yes the name is in the sprite i didnt think this was too big of a deal but i will try to deal with it ... considering the original sprites head touched the bottom ofthe name box and i have no deviated too far at all.
    everything about these sprites is the exact same as the last they only are variated by thier quills and cape , and ofcourse getting hit in one of those shouldnt hurt you anyway!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

-next to do . outlines =]

5. ArtCrusader

ArtCrusader Guest

Pixel by pixel, hu? I wonder what that transparency is on the Knight's head :X

6. NotAName

NotAName Guest

But they still clip through blocks.
    You deviated 3 pixels in width and 6 pixels in height. This causes this problem.
    Also, there's some weird half-transparent purpleness above his cape where it should be nothing, same for one pixel in the top right/left of the shield while blocking.

For the archer, there's also some weird colors to the far right of the helmet.

7. Gaunt13

Gaunt13 Guest

its a feather quill, its supposed to be like that herrderr

8. tlc2011

tlc2011 Guest

Spartans didn't have Feather Quills.

9. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Shark Slayer

Nor did they have the roman plume on the helmet...

10. dwatring

dwatring KAG Guard Tester

Are the knights supposed to be;

spartans:
    [​IMG]
    or regular roman soldier:
    [​IMG]

??

11. SlyStalker

SlyStalker Shopkeep Stealer

good job! obviously, it needs to be refined, but a good builder skin would be one of those half-naked people with a robe that only covers their waist and legs. also, spartans did have horsehair plumes, and so did roman centurions for easy identification in battle