1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

CTF Reign of Atramades [REJECTED]

Discussion in 'Rejected Maps' started by SJD360, Aug 6, 2016.

Tags:
?

Do ya think it should be given a trial run?

1. Ya.

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. Na.

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Bunnie/Wormy/Duncan is a perv.

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  4. Maybe.

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. SJD360

SJD360 Haxor

Map name: Reign of Atramades
    Gamemode: CTF
    Symmetrical: Yes
    Special features: "Sammy you crazy motherfucker, what do you think you're doing?!" is probably what you're thinking right now - but hear me out! Have you ever wanted to do a full-scale, huge battle that could last quite a while, with plenty of resources, space and players to sustain such magnitude? Well look no further! RoA (Reign of Atramades) is goddamn huge, I think. RoA contains four flags, and like Chainbreaker, this map is insanely risky, and has about a 92.28% chance of being rejected.

RoA was stitched together re-using an old map I made for the KARPS Project, I cut apart a part of the original map, bedazzled it and glorified it and in general, just made it better. RoA is the war between two identical mountain cities - each city was built into a gargantuan mountain stretching into the skies. The residents of these cities combat one other over which city is superior, and have been doing sofor generations.

But in all seriousness, maps nowadays look the same, play the same, get the same reviews and so on and so on. My objective is to create maps that break the boundaries of what is expected of a map, though some of my maps still look generic as fock. Such maps like "The Pit", "Reign of Atramades" and "Chainbreaker", they're all different. Maybe people would want different? We won't know until we try. I know it's stupid to ask, but if you're willing to try different, this map could be given a trial run for a few days, see how the players react to it, if they don't like it, it'll be removed, no questions asked. If people love it (Not likely), it'll be put into consideration. If the reviews are mixed to the point of a stalemate, it'll be up to @Mazey or someone to decide the fate of this map.

Map: Map 1 - Reign of Atramades.png It's 500x150

BarsukEughen555 and EhRa like this.
  2. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

I love it, but it would lead to stalemates. Maybe something not so resource packed?

3. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

I voted for the third option. Still waiting for that video, friend.

The map would be good for modded servers only, for Offi it is too big. Don't forget offi ctf servers have 20 slots

4. SJD360

SJD360 Haxor

Yeah, I think this would only suit modded servers with a larger player count - any servers in mind that may be able to sustain it?

PUNK123 likes this.
  5. Vamist

Vamist THD Team THD Team Tester

Adding it to RoS

PUNK123 and SJD360 like this.
  6. SJD360

SJD360 Haxor

RoS? :O

7. BarsukEughen555

BarsukEughen555 Ballista Bolt Thrower

im in
    i'll turn that dragonhead thing into highly-inpenetrable keep of magic, evil forces and barsuky stuff
    hohohoho

Magmus likes this.
  8. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

Looks cool but too experimental. Rejected

PUNK123 likes this.