1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

TDM [REJECTED] Lava_Swing

Discussion in 'Rejected Maps' started by Lava, Jul 27, 2017.

1. Lava

Lava Former Lag King Staff Alumni Donator Tester

Map name: Lava_Swing
    Gamemode: TDM
    Symmetrical: ye
    Special features: flooding spawn if you dont leave its great tbh best map in the game
    Map:[​IMG]

UPDATE: [​IMG]

FINAL: [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
  2. an_obamanation

an_obamanation The boss Donator

Already the first thing I think of when looking at this map is pressurecooker, which is a pretty bad sign.

It's rather cramped which doesn't fair well for 10 player games, the bottom area is just kinda a death pit for new guys as I doubt they'll figure out how to wall jump out, and in my testing I figured out that you can actually stay in the spawn area without drowning by using the trap blocks to breathe (If anybody wants a video i'm willing to record it.) which trolls will figure out in no time.

-1 pressurecooker 2.0

3. Ni

Ni Battle Angel Global Moderator Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Donator Tester Official Server Admin
    1. Active Forum Users

I like the design (And the water thingy :3), but it really looks a bit small ^^
    Archers can camp up there as well :C
    Still a good map :)

4. an_obamanation

With the updated version you can now flood most of the bottom half of the map by slashing up two dirt blocks (easy fix would be to replace them with bedrock or stone). This version is way better though, still a bit cramped but with the multiple pathways and platforms it's made much more interesting. Nice work @Lavaguy678 ::):

Ni and Lava like this.
  5. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

map is 4/10. the flooding of spawn seems a bit useless and i don't like it; the other problem is that you can flood the below too. it's a small map and there isn't much space to move too.

6. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

I can see certain TDM players buying sponges to stall inside spawn. I tested, and you can wait it out for at least 2 minutes.

an_obamanation likes this.
  7. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

if this map gets flooded it is done for. Given how much time people have up top i think it might be viable to keg the trapblocks and flood the entire bottom.

an_obamanation likes this.
  8. an_obamanation

That keg comment held weight. Tested it and it's very easy to do it.

If TDM maps didn't go on for only 2 minutes and 30 seconds you'd be able to do this for more than 5 minutes i'm sure.

My mistake, I was stupid. Rejected.

Lava likes this.
  9. Lava

Lava Former Lag King Staff Alumni Donator Tester

I actually kinda wanted this map to get rejected because I realized how many flaws it has and they're next to impossible to fix without completely re-doing the entire make-up of the map.

10. an_obamanation

If you're ever wanting your maps rejected just mention me in the discord mapping section and i'll move it out.

Lava likes this.