1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Remove burgers from TDM

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by kodysch, Jul 5, 2015.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. kodysch

kodysch Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

So TDM is my favorite mode, and with the addition of traps it is even more fun. One thing that always grinds my gears though is when you have a good match fighting and you get the enemy down to 1 heart, but he just kites away to the shop and buys a burger then boom back to full health. This ruins the gameplay and feels really close to cheating. I suggest that they be removed from the trader shop in TDM.

PUNK123 likes this.
  2. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

I would sign here too. There are already some burgers at chests and flowers/grain at some maps that can make the healing more dinamic and fair.

kodysch likes this.
  3. gorilakingmk2000

gorilakingmk2000 Drill Rusher

Also remove the insanely amount of money that comes out from a chest, I literally bought 10+ bombs after opening two.

kodysch likes this.
  4. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

Remove water bombs, not burgers. And also remove the gimmick maps.

daskew87 likes this.
  5. Psiklaw

Psiklaw Bison Rider

dont listen to this guy

Darknighte9 likes this.
  6. gorilakingmk2000

gorilakingmk2000 Drill Rusher

7. Psiklaw

Psiklaw Bison Rider

Blue_Tiger and Darknighte9 like this.
  8. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

I feel like this is mostly a map design issue, but either way: the tdm economy is a cfg file; i'd be happy to see a revised "fair" version.

swagbot, PUNK123 and blackjoker77777 like this.
  9. Blue_Tiger

Water arrow 1 coin
    Boulder 1 coin
    Fire arrow 50 coins
    Bombs 10,000 coins
    Bomb arrows 10,000 coins
    Water bombs 10,000 coins

In all honesty though, this is probably fairer than the current system. Fuck bomb arrows and water bombs.

daskew87 likes this.
  10. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

Maybe just make the burger cost 2x more? Or even 2.5x?

11. swagbot

swagbot Shopkeep Stealer

I really don't want burgers removed from TDM. I wouldn't mind seeing them become more expensive (100 coins?). It might encourage players to save their coins instead of filling their inventory with bombs (the real cancer of TDM). But to Kodys' point, it is a bit frustrating from an archer's POV for an opponent to heal themselves (be it hearts, burgers, flowers, or fish) after they've lowered their health, but it's no more frustrating than getting picked out of the air by bomb spam or the same archer kiting hard to get hits to begin with. I think it's a dynamic that works and isn't even remotely abused. Same goes for water bombs/arrows.

tl;dr: make burgers as expensive as kegs if you must, but don't remove them.

Blue_Tiger and kodysch like this.
  12. Blue_Tiger

Agree with everything until water bomb abuse.

daskew87 likes this.
Mods: Rainbows